Page 1 of 2
it's kinda weird, but I have been disowned for my family. My parents are your stereotypical wealthy white Canadians. They always pressured me to go into business or engineering or law, and now I am taking psychology. I've never been the hard worker that my sisters are and I spend most of my time playing music. I talk to them maybe once every six months now on the phone for about 10 minutes. They go on vacations all the time and try to keep it secret from me. Like right now, they are all down in Phoenix Arizona. I don't know what I'm going for here, but it's all very surreal, I'm not really pissed about it, or hurt, but it just doesn't feel real. Like I'll call my mom up, and she'll speak to me for 2 minutes in this monotone voice. And it's all because I'm not doing what they wanted me to.... atleast it felt good to get that off my chest.
wow, your family is seriously retarded.
getcha some tail man. always makes ya feel better
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Do you even care about what they think about you? Maybe you're just better off without them.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Mar 22, 2008,
Quote by *Juno*
Owned.

lol nice one
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
Quote by farcry
it's kinda weird, but I have been disowned for my family. My parents are your stereotypical wealthy white Canadians. They always pressured me to go into business or engineering or law, and now I am taking psychology. I've never been the hard worker that my sisters are and I spend most of my time playing music. I talk to them maybe once every six months now on the phone for about 10 minutes. They go on vacations all the time and try to keep it secret from me. Like right now, they are all down in Phoenix Arizona. I don't know what I'm going for here, but it's all very surreal, I'm not really pissed about it, or hurt, but it just doesn't feel real. Like I'll call my mom up, and she'll speak to me for 2 minutes in this monotone voice. And it's all because I'm not doing what they wanted me to.... atleast it felt good to get that off my chest.

just think off all the inheritance money
clearly they are awful parents. should be proud of your children no matter what they decide to do, and should back them up
oh. well that kinda sucks. but as long as your happy doing what you're doing, i'd say you're much better off.
Quote by DiMeTiMe
+3.141592

Quote by imgooley
It was such a good suggestion you gave him pi?

yeah, he gave me pi.
I know it's your family, but maybe you're better off without them. You shouldn't care. You're doing what you want to do. That's what matters.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
thats hard.....maybe tell them you cchanged to law although really didn't xD
Looking for a new sig!
rich AND white? seems like you have everything. except good parents. just try to talk it over with them
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
burn their house down.
Guitar:
Ibanez S-Series 7 String
Pedals/other:
Morley Power Wah Volume
Gemini Dual Channel EQ
Boss TU-2
Amp:
Peavey 5150 120 watt combo (considering sale)
Quote by *Juno*
Owned.

I Think he said Disowned

Sorry to hear that. That's kinda a dick thing to do. They want you to be a smaller (ok, not really) version of themselves. Isn't the thing that matters is that you are happy?
██████████████████████████████
your parents are dicks.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
If you're honest with yourself, you are quite a disappointment.

No, you shouldn't feel indebted to your parents for anything. Everything bad about you is their fault, cos it's their genes and their upbringing. To be honest, you should disown them. Bastards.
theres only one solution, kill them and steal their money...

Just kidding, just do what you want, it's not really any of their business.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by *Juno*
Owned.

No, disowned, pay attention.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by JBizzle Da Truf
rich AND white? seems like you have everything. except good parents. just try to talk it over with them

they give me nothing, so not really. My dad saves his money, not sure what for, but it's definitely not coming my way.
Now you can start a whole new family that's nothing like them, breaking the chain of disowned musicians.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Seriously. I think you're better of without your parents.
Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.
When I was in a band playing shows for 2 years, I'd be home for like 1 or 2 days a week. My parents have never been anything but proud of me. Whenever I'd leave home they'd always sound a little sad. I started to get sad, to, like I'd envision coming home one night and seeing my mom old and barely standing, and my dad having Alzheimer's and not recognizing me. It didn't make me quit the band or anything, even though I did for other reasons, but it still makes me sad thinking about it.

I dunno how that adds to your situation. I guess I'm saying just try to make an effort to have time with them anyways, because one day you'll wish you did.
We're only strays.
Even though the situation sucks, I do think you're better off. I know it's probably difficult since that's your family and all, but you gotta do what's best for your life, not someone else's expectations.

Good luck though. I hope it all works out great for you.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer

I dunno how that adds to your situation. I guess I'm saying just try to make an effort to have time with them anyways, because one day you'll wish you did.

we live in different cities now.
Quote by farcry
we live in different cities now.

I gathered that from your post. I don't expect you to see them every week, I still live at home. You should really try to at least go on vacations with them and stuff. Please don't take advice on this topic from a bunch of teenagers that hate their parents for frivolous reasons lol.
We're only strays.
yah thats ****ty. you just gotta get a phd in psychology and write a book and make bank. then give them **** when they try to be your friend again. lol

i got lucky cuz what i wanted to do is what my parents wanted me to do
Quote by BassistGal
No, disowned, pay attention.

Joke was already done. You pay attention.

My joke was in jest. Someone was going to post it inevitably, so i thought i'd get it out the way as soon as possible.
Quote by farcry

A vacation down to Phoenix? thats like the worst choice ever for a vacation

"Oh look kids, a mexican is mugging that woman!"
"Lets take a picture with it daddy!"
Quote by TheQuailman
Wow, nobody told you to kill them yet. How come, pit?

And no rape? I'm disappointed.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Alot of the time people see their children as a way of fufiling their own failed dreams, so you not choosing to do what they want is kind of like their last chance has gone.

Or maybe their just being silly.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Page 1 of 2