so i got a new epiphone les paul which is not even meant for me to play becuase i suck so much, i wanna play guitar so bad but i just suck at it so bad so does anyone here know how i can get better because sometimes i just think of giving up.
The first month or two of playing guitar is always the hardest. You just have to practice, practice, and practice a bit more.
DRINK APPLE JUICE
O.J. will kill you
look into taking lessons with a teacher or even just online. youtube seldom has good things to offer
Guitar:
Ibanez S-Series 7 String
Pedals/other:
Morley Power Wah Volume
Gemini Dual Channel EQ
Boss TU-2
Amp:
Peavey 5150 120 watt combo (considering sale)
scales
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
to start off

id say first learn scales to build your confidence then when you are good at about 5-10? scale songs, (were you can play them almost perfectly) move on.

then, to brake down your confidence learn the basic chords
http://www.youtube.com/geetar01

then to build up your confidence learn some power chords
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2ONEQvRjWQ

(theres other lessons on the account of those youtubers, check em out)

those 3 things will start you off!
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I’ll kiss you ’cause
With the birds I’ll share...
This is a glass-half-full saying said in a glass-half-empty way: everybody sucks when they start. I sucked, everyone else here sucked, Jimi Hendrix sucked, Slash sucked, everybody sucks at some point or another. It's something that you need to just stick with; Rome wasn't built in a day, as the saying goes.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
It's a cool guitar to start with, by the way!
And yeah, never give up - just practice!. Personally i started from scratch! And when i thought I was good enough to move on to the next step, I returned to scratch! Try that out! Might be usefull!
Quote by zadzior
Sir, Awesome stuff. You have my respect!
Quote by neon-black
aw i love your song! sell it n' it would deffo be a smash!
Quote by veggiederek
this is great. you've got the words!
Quote by kiaraiswicked
... Wauw... It really paints a picture and leaves the rest up to the imagination!
thnx you very much you guys, im starting to gain some confidence and i can play some really simple songs now, i hope i get better soon lol