Hi I'm going to Japan soon for the first time, so I was wondering if esp and ibanez guitar are cheaper there than in the us/eu

Thinkin of pinking up the esp eclipse II there
Everything in Japan is pretty ****ing expensive.

You'll definetely have a huge choice, including guitars you've never seen before, but keep in mind that Japan is one of the world's most expensive countries. Don't expect a huge discount.
& the Eclipse Floyd Rose Series.

*Drools*
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Definitely. Try to search for an Ibanez J-Custom! It cost around $2700-$3200 USD here and over at Japan it's retail around 250,000 yen, which is around $2200. Check J-Custom ant Jemsite.com and you will be really amazed.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
japan as way more models and cool promo guitars but considering the conversion rate it will probably be on par or slightly more expensive
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Quote by sashki
What makes edwards so great? I've never tried one, but it seems that every UGer that's ever heard of them loves them.

They are very similar to the LTDs, but are made of higher quality parts and there is a wider selection. And they look way better, generally haha. There are just some guitars you can find there that have specs that'd cost significantly more here in LTD versions.

The http://www.espguitars.co.jp/edwards/original/E-EC-150E_BK.jpg is a good example.

While it wouldn't be very cost effective to buy it and import from Japan, some of these so show up on eBay brand new for not much more than their LTD versions. If I could get an Edwards or LTD of the same type and somewhat close price, I'd take the Edwards.
Quote by rwalby9
They are very similar to the LTDs, but are made of higher quality parts and there is a wider selection. And they look way better, generally haha. There are just some guitars you can find there that have specs that'd cost significantly more here in LTD versions.

The http://www.espguitars.co.jp/edwards/original/E-EC-150E_BK.jpg is a good example.

While it wouldn't be very cost effective to buy it and import from Japan, some of these so show up on eBay brand new for not much more than their LTD versions. If I could get an Edwards or LTD of the same type and somewhat close price, I'd take the Edwards.

kaythanksbye
wow the edwards do indeed look interesting and affordable, definitely going to check them out in japan
They are cheaper actually. Depends on the guitar though.

I'd get some guitars that is only available to the Japan market, (Some ESPs, Edwards, Killer, J-custom etc.)

What kind of guitar are you looking for?

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

well as I already own a allround guitar(rg1570) I was looking something pure for rock/punk something with humbuckers only
Well, Edward LPs would be a good choice for you then. There is a wide range to choose from. MIJ as ESPs but less expensive.

If you are into more traditional LP feel, then there are Greco, Tokai, Burny, Orville etc. to try out.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.