I wanna take out the edge III in my rgt42dx and put e better bridge on it. I am happy with my edge III, but the one time I tuned it was a horrible experience, although it is still in tune. So my question is should I get a Edge Zero for it, a ZR2, or a ZR. Is the Original Floyd as good and as easy to setup as these.

I know the ZR is really easy to setup and is my favorite tremolo from what i tried.

Will the official floyd last me long. Will it stay in tune as good as the zr.
I put a Original Floyd in. ZR and any other EDGE trems need extra routing, so I hope you know what you are doing.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
Original Floyds can stay in tune for like months at a time, no joke.
Kahler doesn't fit... Anyways TS do you want a direct swap or wish to route your guitar?

Yeah. My main concern is which bridge will give me the best quality. The RGT42dx has the best body i have seen so far for shred in 6 strings. Neckthrough, action is almost intatile since it is so damn low. All the guitars with the mahogany body and 5 piece neck cost about 2000. So I was thinking if I just change the edge III for a OFR or another high quality trem I could get that quality. Other than the trem and pickups, it is up there with the 2k neckthroughs.

So it's the OFR worthy. Or should I still spend the extra cash and get the ZR. Or is the OFR still the best. If I will get more quality I will be willing to do a route. Well Ill pay a tech for that. However the OFR should fit right in. So if the quality is the same, I'll stick to that. If the ZR is still far better ill go ZR.
Its kahler better than OFR, ZR and these oothers.

The Edge Zero has me intrigued anybody know about it.
I swapped Edge III with OFR. It feels weird at first since it's literally standing up comparing to the semi-low profile EIII. The original Edge Pro works as well if not better than OFR, but it costs around 60 dollars more and require routing.

I think im gonna go for the OFR then. SHould I still take it to a tech. I know how to set up a floyd,but never installed one.
No, you can just take EDGE III out and slide OFR in, hence direct swap.

What color do you guys recommend for the above guitar. I am referring for OFR color. THey dont have the same grayish color, so what you guys think would look best.
Last edited by nyandres at Mar 22, 2008,
Ha, looks like you got cosmo black hardware. Really difficult to match it with non-Ibanez hardware but black chrome should work. A bit of a eyesore in person but looks great on stage.

OFR=Original Floyd Rose. NOT Schaller, it doesn't have the same dimensions as the OFR.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.