Hi there im sure your all really fed up of hearing about fret buzzing but i really would appreciate some help
iv read all ic an on this forum about fret buzzing but none of the bridges iv read of are similar to mine

here is mine
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170202617298&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=007#ebayphotohosting

Iv just bought the same model as that and replaced the strings (so lots of potential fitting errors as this only my 3rd set iv replaced ever)
and the A string is buzzing really bad when played on fret 2
iv raised the action via the screws on the main bridge ( the bit with the intonation screws)
and i made it better but it still buzzes and now the action toward fret 12 is unplayably high.
the guitar is a 2007 model so i dont think the truss rod would be out???

any advice i can try would be helpful as this is killing my sound! thankyou!
(also people have said if it doesnt come through the amp its ok )
but i play in an environment where i can hear the amp AND the guitar (so not very loud) because of the neighbours! which sucks .. but this is why its effecting me so much because i cant even drown it out!
thanks again

Joe
All Wars Are civil Wars ....Because All Men Are Brothers
Quote by JoeUK17

the guitar is a 2007 model so i dont think the truss rod would be out???

Some necks are more responsive to changes in atmosphere than others.

Eventhough your guitar is very new, it might need some minor trussrod adjustment.

If that doesn't work and raising the action at the bridge isn't an option either, I guess you could try to shim the nut...
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Did you use the same gauge string?
and
Did you buy the guitar from eBay?

I recently purchased a guitar that came from Alabama and it kind of freaked out getting use to sporadic California weather.

Nice guitar btw...
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Some necks are more responsive to changes in atmosphere than others.

Eventhough your guitar is very new, it might need some minor trussrod adjustment.

If that doesn't work and raising the action at the bridge isn't an option either, I guess you could try to shim the nut...

hi there
what does shimming the nut involve?
so should i adjust the truss rod a little?
should i tighten it or loosen it to help the fret buzz?
cheers
^ If you've only replaced the strings on a guitar three times, truss rod adjustment is something you should probably take to a professional to get done.
Quote by T!AN
Did you use the same gauge?
and
Did you buy the guitar from eBay?

I recently purchased a guitar that came from Alabama and it kind of freaked out getting use to sporadic California weather.

Nice guitar btw...

hi ,
no i think it had original strings on it and im not sure what gauge they were but i replaced them with some hybrid slinkys ( earnie ball)
which are i think 9-46ye it came off ebay i picked it up today . the man i bought it off had about 15 guitars including a nice £3,500 les paul which he giggs but he said he didnt play the epiphone any more so no point keeping it.
seems really well looked after int he short space its been alive!
ye it makes some reall nice tones (even if the action is through the roof!!!)
Quote by T!AN
^ If you've only replaced the strings on a guitar three times, truss rod adjustment is something you should probably take to a professional to get done.

so its not a case of just tighten it up 1 turn and be done with it?
lol
^ I wouldn't be surprised if the guitar had something like 11's or 10's on it. That would explain your fret buzz problem. If you want to stay with 9's a good setup can only help you.

As for adjusting the truss rod unfortunately it isn't that easy. I still recommend you take it to a professional but if you can't help but give it a shot (don't) you should know that only do 1/4 turns (at the most).
Quote by JoeUK17
so its not a case of just tighten it up 1 turn and be done with it?
lol

One turn is quite a lot.

I'd recommend letting a professional do this for the first time, but while you're watching, so you can do it yourself later on.

Shimming the nut basically involves raising it slightly.
oky doky
do you know how long it takes and how much they charge roughly.
would i have to book it in or is it the sort of thing u just turn up with ur guitar.
cheers!
Quote by JoeUK17
oky doky
do you know how long it takes and how much they charge roughly.
would i have to book it in or is it the sort of thing u just turn up with ur guitar.
cheers!

If you come in during a quite moment of the day and ask them nicely, you should be out after 15-30 minutes, depending on how quickly the guy works and how comprehensive the setup is.
Is it actually possible to have a guitar with absolutley NO fret buzz on any frets without the action being rather high! ?????? im about to give up hope ... iv had the truss rod set up so when u press on the first and last fret there is about a credit car size gap on the 7th fret (which im told is correct)
and iv tested the bridge at all heights ( it gets better as u get higher ) but i cant play with it comfortably at the height without it buzzing!
do i just live with it? or worth taking it to a good shop??
its not coming through the amp ... so thats good
Quote by JoeUK17
Is it actually possible to have a guitar with absolutley NO fret buzz on any frets without the action being rather high! ?????? im about to give up hope ... iv had the truss rod set up so when u press on the first and last fret there is about a credit car size gap on the 7th fret (which im told is correct)
and iv tested the bridge at all heights ( it gets better as u get higher ) but i cant play with it comfortably at the height without it buzzing!
do i just live with it? or worth taking it to a good shop??
its not coming through the amp ... so thats good

Most guitars with low action have fretbuzz, varying from very little to heavy.

Just try to come up with a compromise between low action and an acceptable amount of fretbuzz.

If the neck has the right amount of relief (=very slight bow) and the nut isn't way too low, plus it doesn't have any weird frets sticking out, you're going to have to deal with it I'm affraid...
ok then mate
so mentioned earlier ... i have size 9-46 i think size strings... it is thought the originals were 11-50 at least....
will changing to bigger gauge strings help fret buzz or make worse?
cheers
also does the way the guitar is strung ... as in the way the string is wound onto the machine heads , effect frett buzz?