i know the neck pickup is supposed to sound more bassy and mellow, but i was wondering if its normal for the treble to sound just totally flat and stagnant compared to the other pickups...

i have a fender american strat with humbuckers on it, played thru a fender deluxe tube amp. i remember hearing somewhere that humbuckers are supposed to be more bass-oriented than single coils but i was hoping there's someway to make the treble a little sharper. i tried to get to that by turning my treble knob all the way up and my mid all the way as well but it just doesnt cut it.

any thoughts? i have a very strong feeling im stuck with what i got but i was hoping someone might know another trick that i dont know.
raise the pickups. equalize. Raising the pickups will make them more sensitive.
I dunno, but I know fender doesn't make all-that-great HB's. I'd suggest a JB as a change, but I think they are bridge only, so I dunno. do what nyandres said, if that doesn't fix it, look for a neck p/u that's pretty trebly.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
I dunno, but I know fender doesn't make all-that-great HB's. I'd suggest a JB as a change, but I think they are bridge only, so I dunno. do what nyandres said, if that doesn't fix it, look for a neck p/u that's pretty trebly.

hmm alrite i will look into that thanks.
By design/orientation, neck humbuckers are meant to be more bassy/less trebly than bridge ones. Is your Strat HH or HSH (pickup configuration)?
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
You might try a cheap fix (about $7.00) If you're willing, you can do this yourself, or pay a tech about $35.00 to do it.

Change the tone potentiometer.

You didn't say whether the guitar CAME with humbuckers....or whether you had the original single coils replaced. If you replaced the original single coils, you probably have the original 250k pots, which bleed off some of the treble to make single coils less "brassy" sounding. If you use those same pots with a humbucker pickup....it can add to the muddy sound you're referring to.

Humbuckers use 500k pots which allow a bit more high-end through.

Good luck!!

Dave