Page 1 of 2
Today, I went to a music store, and they were selling these (Peavey Guitar Hero controllers):

http://www.peavey.com/controller/

There were also a bunch of idiots running around, trying to convince their parents to buy them one, and others attempting to play stairway to heaven. This one guy thought that I worked there, and asked where the guitar hero controllers were.

this wouldn't have happened if they didn't sell guitar hero controllers...
sup?
i just got back from guitar center, i saw a stack of rock band boxes, upon seeing them i yelled **** YOU very loudly, and argued with an employee, luckily he was kinda pissed aobut it too so i was allowed to stay
Who cares?
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
learn to play real guitar. jerks
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
What kind of music shop sells guitar hero controllers?
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by nt1440
i just got back from guitar center, i saw a stack of rock band boxes, upon seeing them i yelled **** YOU very loudly, and argued with an employee, luckily he was kinda pissed aobut it too so i was allowed to stay

dude you said that. no way, thats sooo bad ass. wow. gnarly man. you got some cajones. you are my idol
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
There pretty pointless...BUT damn those Lynard Skynard ones are Bad ass.
Quote by MustangMan311
Guitar Hero and Rock Band are fun as ****. Quit hating.

I have no problem with them being sold at wal-mart or a non music related store, but it feels like an invasion when they sell guitar hero related products at a music store.
sup?
Quote by cam_sampbell
What kind of music shop sells guitar hero controllers?

One that wants to make money.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
i think guitar hero is good in a way coz its designed for people who aren't necessarily guitar fanatics and just want something fun to play while they are bored and its cheap and doesn't take a lot of practice and doesn't require the amp and lead but its not in another as it takes the awesomeness out of playing a real guitar *flameshield up*
Quote by Demonikk

Oh dear god you may as well offer your unclenched anus to rich old men now, it's all that you can do really

Quote by CowboyUp

Whats a penis?

Quote by drakenshadow
seriously high man..... your dicks gonna fall off.
Quote by thejester
dude you said that. no way, thats sooo bad ass. wow. gnarly man. you got some cajones. you are my idol

shut up ****er, i wasnt saying it to be cool, it genuinely pissed me off, i was there to play not see a bunch of ten year olds whining to their moms about how they cant get their gibson AND rock band
Quote by ldl67
I have no problem with them being sold at wal-mart or a non music related store, but it feels like an invasion when they sell guitar hero related products at a music store.

Yeah, it's a marketing technique, where the cocky people go to buy a guitar hero controller but see a really nice $3000 guitar and buy that too...now we're going to have to put up with even MORE people playing loudly in a music store.

Come on, a ****ing plastic controller in a REAL music store?
Quote by nt1440
shut up ****er, i wasnt saying it to be cool, it genuinely pissed me off, i was there to play not see a bunch of ten year olds whining to their moms about how they cant get their gibson AND rock band

Either way, you're a cunt.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by Bubban
Either way, you're a cunt.

because i get annoyed by undeserving kids getting 3000 dollars worth of gear?
Quote by nt1440

If the mere sight of Guitar Hero controllers in a music store causes you to yell in a profane manner, you're at the very least somewhat unstable. Assuming you're mentally stable and without excuse, you're a ****.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by nt1440

yes you are still a douche cracker con queso. remember that one time you never mentioned what you just said prior to this post. ya. look man just relax. so what. they want to be a profitable store. if you hate corporate america so much then just leave. this is what happens
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Quote by Bubban
If the mere sight of Guitar Hero controllers in a music store causes you to yell in a profane manner, you're at the very least somewhat unstable. Assuming you're mentally stable and without excuse, you're a ****.

Well, I can understand why he's so pissed off about it, guitar hero even here in Australia's a pretty big thing, and in my school it's basically the most played games by the "populars" and coming from a less intelligent area in Sydney, you generally get many populars who have unjustified arrogance. (unjustified arrogance = nothing to be arrogant about, but being yourself, and usually quite mentally lacking)

They just rant on about how guitar hero and real guitar are the same and that guitar hero's harder than real guitar (**** you Herman Li), and as a guitarist, I get this nearly everyday at school, song requests from Guitar Hero and people in the school's music room, tell me that it's heaps easy on Guitar Hero and not even difficult on real guitar

I suppose they think this because you have the finger speed, the "notes" the picking and all, all you need is to add the accuracy to play the right strings, which in their unjustified arrogance, they believe is easy.
Quote by thejester
yes you are still a douche cracker con queso. remember that one time you never mentioned what you just said prior to this post. ya. look man just relax. so what. they want to be a profitable store. if you hate corporate america so much then just leave. this is what happens

seeing as obviously none have you seen my posts in any of the other threads i obviously made a bad first impression. i am a very very very laid back and accepting person, except for when it comes to these crappy games
Quote by MustangMan311
You should be more excited that you can tear all of them up with a $200 guitar.

i could probably play better than most of them, but i still recognize im not a great player
Well I don't like it, but it makes sense. I mean, Toys 'R Us sells guitars these days... so now music shops sell toys.... wait it doesn't make sense at all
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
Quote by XianXiuHong
Well, I can understand why he's so pissed off about it, guitar hero even here in Australia's a pretty big thing, and in my school it's basically the most played games by the "populars" and coming from a less intelligent area in Sydney, you generally get many populars who have unjustified arrogance. (unjustified arrogance = nothing to be arrogant about, but being yourself, and usually quite mentally lacking)

They just rant on about how guitar hero and real guitar are the same and that guitar hero's harder than real guitar (**** you Herman Li), and as a guitarist, I get this nearly everyday at school, song requests from Guitar Hero and people in the school's music room, tell me that it's heaps easy on Guitar Hero and not even difficult on real guitar

I suppose they think this because you have the finger speed, the "notes" the picking and all, all you need is to add the accuracy to play the right strings, which in their unjustified arrogance, they believe is easy.

thank you i guess i should have posted about how i get the same treatment in school, but i was too lazy to type how everyone thinks they are the **** because they can hit buttons
Quote by nt1440
thank you i guess i should have posted about how i get the same treatment in school, but i was too lazy to type how everyone thinks they are the **** because they can hit buttons

No problem I hate it when people think they can out-play me (which is a laugh because a guy in my school tried to show me up, when all he did was play guitar hero) all because of a plastic controller and some buttons and music.
i've never played guitar hero - but I guess it could be a good way to make your fingers move faster, pick at the same time and understand what you're listening to. I don't endorse it though, I still prefer the real thing.
I think people who whine about it need to think about why they're moaning. Why are you so mad? Just ignore it, go back to your room and practice. Then, go out and wow them with some new material that can't be found on guitar hero. Your imagination and improvisational skills are what seperate real guitar from GH.

Also, selling GH controllers at a guitar centre is a good marketing tool. If you like the game, you'll want the real thing if you see it. They probably make a lot of money from it. Plus, they make money from selling controllers. The whole music industry today is about making money and image, none of it is about real music. Why does anyone care about anything. Really?
the day GH3 came out, i went to Guitar Center, and you literally could not move. it was freaking packed from people buying GH3, so i couldn't buy the strings i needed.
Quote by untalented
i've never played guitar hero - but I guess it could be a good way to make your fingers move faster, pick at the same time and understand what you're listening to. I don't endorse it though, I still prefer the real thing.
I think people who whine about it need to think about why they're moaning. Why are you so mad? Just ignore it, go back to your room and practice. Then, go out and wow them with some new material that can't be found on guitar hero. Your imagination and improvisational skills are what seperate real guitar from GH.

Also, selling GH controllers at a guitar centre is a good marketing tool. If you like the game, you'll want the real thing if you see it. They probably make a lot of money from it. Plus, they make money from selling controllers. The whole music industry today is about making money and image, none of it is about real music. Why does anyone care about anything. Really?

The playability of a hunk of plastic is a BIT different to a real guitar with a rosewood or maple neck as opposed to plastic.

Maybe some finger speed, but people can already move their fingers fast, finger speed's just hard on real guitar because you're trying to hit the right fret and string and push it down with some force which when compared to a big shiny green button, is very different.

It doesn't matter what you can make up, chances are they're going to want to hear their favourite song or a song off of guitar hero, "That Song" the song they love, not some new material they have to listen and appreciate to get some enjoyment out of it.

Why do you think Simple Plan exists? I agree on the marketing tool bit though
Guys just remember............you CAN'T and I mean you CANNOT CREATE MUSIC WITH GUITAR HERO CONTROLLERS....so next time someone says play me "insert song from GH" reply with
"Nah dude instead check out this song I wrote for my g/f."
4star'd Jordan on hard mode the other day, I'm on fire

I like it, it's a fun game. A nice break sometimes, if you're stuck in a rut with whatever aspect of real playing you're on.
if i wanted to make a good sum of money i'd do it too, I WOULDN'T FOCUS ON IT, but they sell pretty good
Quote by imdeth
The only grinding i want to do is to Napalm Death.
Quote by the humanity
you get humanitarian of the day award.
@Xian: Do you not remember trying to build strength and speed in your pinky? Maybe you don't but I do.
I agree though, the hard part in playing a real guitar is bending and building calluses, vibrato and sliding.
+ People don't only like their favourite songs otherwise we'd be stuck with not very much music at all. It's the style of music that counts and making it interesting. You can even mix up favourite songs in your own style to get attention. It's about being creative and getting peoples attention. That's the fun in it. Maybe you don't think so but then I don't know what your motive is for playing the guitar.
Quote by cobain_is_king

How is that relevant to anything?
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
Quote by Bubban

My friends all play guitar hero. I like to enjoy it to, but I'm crappy at it. A lot of times we will have "guitar hero vs. guitar" battles where they'll play a song on Guitar Hero or Rock Band and I'll play it on guitar. It's hella fun.

Music video games FTW!
Last edited by CowboyUp at Mar 22, 2008,
Page 1 of 2