Rumour has it that there's a new program out to catch illegal music/dvd downloaders and fine them thousands.

Is this true, or just another lame-ass attempt from the music and film industry to try and stop people?
Of course not! I've NEVER downloaded any such thing...but a few mates of mine have...
Quote by goldmember1217
Just buy the music ffs.

Stfu, ffs.

I haven't heard of this at all, so I assume it's not true. Where did you hear the rumour?
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
I call shenanigans on this. Everybody knows the RIAA has ninja agents in each and every house of the united states to spy on people already, so what good would such a program be for them?
true.
you can only be paranoid and hope for the best,
myself? i dont use single files of p2p networks, and im REALLY wary with torrents.

mediafire/ rapidshare ftw
Quote by TheQuailman
I call shenanigans on this. Everybody knows the RIAA has ninja agents in each and every house of the united states to spy on people already, so what good would such a program be for them?

haha...good thing my family got transferred 2 Norway
I dont use anything anymore...*not that i used to :P*

I heard it from a reliable mate's dad :\
Quote by xConverge
true.
you can only be paranoid and hope for the best,
myself? i dont use single files of p2p networks, and im REALLY wary with torrents.

mediafire/ rapidshare ftw

right now I'm using torrents (for all you haters, I download a cd, listen to it, and then delete it and either buy it or don't buy it). Why are you really wary with them? I thought they were safe

Anyways i just went to mediafire and rapidshare like you said, and it looks like they are sites where you can upload stuff, but how do you search and download stuff? thank you