OK, so I've got a pair of humbuckers, 4 conductor wiring, and i'm wondering what would happen if i took the middle two wire ( the out from the rear coil and the ground from the front coil) from each pickup and connected them together. With the wiring scheme I've been drawing up one of the positions of the switch will do this. Will this put the two front coils together in parralell? or will i get the bridge humbucker in series with the front coil of the neck humbucker? Or something altogether different?
Like good folk/indie music? Check us out at www.myspace.com/mckenzieshae
ARRGH, MATEYS!! I Be a PIT PIRATE!! sworn enemy of the PIT NINJAS! I am the 30th pit pirate to sail under the great command of justinhawkins, MATEYS! (pm justinhawkins to join)
my head just exploded.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
^
Yeah, I know. I hate it when that happens.
Quote by The_Marshall_Gu
OK, so I've got a pair of humbuckers, 4 conductor wiring, and i'm wondering what would happen if i took the middle two wire ( the out from the rear coil and the ground from the front coil) from each pickup and connected them together. With the wiring scheme I've been drawing up one of the positions of the switch will do this. Will this put the two front coils together in parralell? or will i get the bridge humbucker in series with the front coil of the neck humbucker? Or something altogether different?
You haven't said nearly enough. You've only said connect the series links together.
But does that get connected to the output?
Does it get connected to ground?
Where are the other wires from each pickup connected to?
Unless you're specific about the details, your questions are meaningless.

Make a drawing and indicate what you mean.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.