Ok, I had this idea and while I think it might be good, I might be very wrong. My idea is for a new guitar, get like a jackson with a good quality wood, bridge/trem system, maybe neck-thru, but crappy pickups. Then I would just replace the crappy pickups with really nice ones. Good idea or not?
Quote by Cofflecakes
Quote by laurens666
Use the search button.
Thats the worst metal amp I've ever used...

lol
so a good guitar with crap pickups? how much is it?
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
I don't know but usually when companies use good hardware on their guitars they sacrifice the pickups.
Quote by Cofflecakes
Quote by laurens666
Use the search button.

lol
Most Jackson guitars usually come equipped with pretty decent pickups. Which ones were you looking at?
Well I just want something that will be good for metal but not like crazy death (or else I wouldn't be looking at jackson). I love that 80's hair metal shredding solo tones (like "here I go again on my own")

EDIT: Also with a floyd rose
Quote by Cofflecakes
Quote by laurens666
Use the search button.

lol
I'm not sure how much you're looking to spend, but...

Check out the DK2M's

I really like the neck on those DK2M's. They feel, play, and sound great. One of the few Jackson guitars I'd buy, which I almost bought the first time I played one.
^Haha I was just looking at that one. It looks nice. I don't know how the pickups are though and if they are worth replacing
Quote by Cofflecakes
Quote by laurens666
Use the search button.

lol
The pickups aren't bad at all. When I played that guitar, I was switching back and forth with another Jackson that was loaded with EMG's. I was contemplating buying that guitar and installing EMG's. I really liked the neck and playability of the DK2M, but I liked the sound of the EMG's in the other Jackson I was playing. Those Duncan's really aren't bad at all though.
Quote by ltmusicman
Ok, I had this idea and while I think it might be good, I might be very wrong. My idea is for a new guitar, get like a jackson with a good quality wood, bridge/trem system, maybe neck-thru, but crappy pickups. Then I would just replace the crappy pickups with really nice ones. Good idea or not?

wow...original idea. it's a fine idea. it's been done by nearly everyone who plays guitar, myself included. it can't be that bad of an idea right?
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
^Haha ya but I'm talking about jacksons in particular. This is just my way being cheap
Quote by Cofflecakes
Quote by laurens666
Use the search button.

lol
What are a really good set of SD's that I could replace em with? Are blackouts or Invaders any good?
Quote by Cofflecakes
Quote by laurens666
Use the search button.

lol