Hey guys, I am buying a mesa boogie mark IV. What kind of cab should I get? I am limited to musiciansfriend and stuff I can find locally. I only play in my bedroom so I dont need anything too high tech. I play heavy metal for the most part.

Thanks!
I'm a VERY firm believer that Boogies are NOT bedroom amps. I never bring my Mark IV home because it only really shines at stage volumes. I really feel that a full blown tube amp is a waste of your time if you're a bedroom player.

That being said, if you're still set on it, my Mesa Traditional 4x12 slays with the Mark IV after I put a mix of V30s and C90s in it.
You should get a very good cab.

At a minimum, I'd look for a Mesa 1x12 that can handle 85W. Something with one of their Black Shadow speakers. A Genz Benz G-Flex would probably work very nicely with that head, especially for metal. Vader cabs get high ratings from metal players, too.

That's a killer bedroom amp you got there, bud.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
That's a killer bedroom amp you got there, bud.

yea killer as in hes gona kill himself with that volume of an amazing amp

i would deffinatly look for something a little quiter
Well, it will be in my garage not in my bedroom at like no volume haha . Mark IV's have the option to go to 15W too which is ideal. I was thinking about 2x12 CV30's. Maybe a randall or something. There is an ad in my paper for a 4x12 Celestion v30 mesa boogie cab... might get that , 500 bucks.

Would you guys say a randall celestion v30 2x12 would be good?
I use my Mark IV at 2 most of the time and it sounds much better than any other amp I've owned at that level and is still one of the best amps I've ever played at low levels. It does sound better higher in volume, but then so do all tube amps.

I'd go with the Mesa Cab. The Randall might be good but you're not supplying any model names here, for all we know it could be a really cheap cab with V30s in it. I have a Marshall 1960 and love it with mine, I didn't really like the G12T-75s with my 5150 but they sound massive with the Mark IV.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
There is a used Marshall 4x12 with celestion v30s for sale in my paper 700 used. It has some major wear and tear due to road use for gigging etc. however I think it would be perfect for me.
Quote by Tuckers
the $500 boogie cab is a better deal than $700 for a marshall

Most definitely.

Get the Mesa. Only an idiot would pay that much for a used Marshall cab as beat up as you say it is (no offense).
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com