Haven't listened to alot of their stuff, but I have always digged Eric Burdon's vocals.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
lol look up vegetable man by floyd. its a trip by itself- but you will also need advil after you listen to it
Eric Burdon is the man, and there isn't even any need to sing the praises of House of the Rising Sun.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by therussian
Eric Burdon is the man, and there isn't even any need to sing the praises of House of the Rising Sun.

Agreed ^^ that song is basically a masterpiece and probably one of my favorites.

I like their song We Gotta Get Outta This Place. It was one of their singles that the Blue Oyster Cult covered except with a bigger solo and a heavier version. (Which i think is better). I know the Blue Oyster Cult are a fan of them because not only that song, but they also covered Harvest Moon, which was probably done bettter by the Animals. But yeah, House of the Rising Sun is definately their best no question.
They seem to be forever associated with "House of the Rising Sun," which is mind boggling, not only because Woody Guthrie, Pete Seeger, Bob Dylan, Lead Belly and countless others did it before them, but because it's not nearly their best song. "Don't Bring Me Down" and "SanFransican Nights" are ****in' great. "It's My Life," "We Gotta Get Out of this Place" and "Don't Let Me be Misunderstood" are all much better too.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Burdon's voice is amazing although a bit strange when you look at him, it kinda doesn't fit his body. Plus Chas Chandler brought Jimi Hendrix to the forefront. I agree that Don't let me be misunderstood is thier best song though.
Yamaha Acoustic.
$597/$665.00 <-Tele/VJ Fund. Thank you tax money.
i loveeeee the Animals.
they are pimp!!! if u watch their videos its just weirdddd but cool.
I <3 Rock Mushik
The animals were one of the best British Invasion groups. Why are not as celebrated as, for example, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Who and The Kinks? Because unlike the other groups, the animals are not a great composer of the group. In fact, only one song on this Best "from" was actually written by the panel. But regardless of who wrote them, they are great songs. This album (originally released in 1973), all animals with successful hits until 1965, plus some album tracks carefully selected. This is something terrible. One thing I should mention is that, despite claims in writing, "I'm in Love Again" not the old Fats Domino is beaten, but it's a completely different song
Defeat is not bitter unless you swallow it.