I need a SS amp that is NOT a practice amp.I'm not really a tube person so.. but if you can find a great tube amp that can get brutal then please tell.I would really like if you can show me the best SS amp or tube for the amount I have.I need a amp that can get brutal.

I play metal.

I have about $400.
Quote by black-sabbath
A lot of good Marshall amps are around $400

*insert Borat voice here*

NOT!!!
Selling a Vox...might be interested.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
So I been meanin to ask this.

Tubes sound better at higher volumes... yes... but how loud?

I played some tubes at GC the other day... Valveking, Flextone... had them at lower volumes and they sounded like garbage.

I live in an apartment so I can't jack the volume... am I better off with an SS amp?
Quote by The Arch Enemy
I need a SS amp that is NOT a practice amp.I'm not really a tube person so.. but if you can find a great tube amp that can get brutal then please tell.I would really like if you can show me the best SS amp or tube for the amount I have.I need a amp that can get brutal.

I play metal.

I have about $400.

Irony. You play metal and want a good amp... yet want it for under $400 and not tube?

Maybe it's just me, but I think SS can never, no matter how good, stand up to a tube.

I would suggest researching more about tubes, maybe you could get a cheap head used, maybe Rivera.
Quote by dorfeater
So I been meanin to ask this.

Tubes sound better at higher volumes... yes... but how loud?

I played some tubes at GC the other day... Valveking, Flextone... had them at lower volumes and they sounded like garbage.

I live in an apartment so I can't jack the volume... am I better off with an SS amp?
Flextones arent tube.
I say valveking or find a Randall RG50TC used. you WON'T be sorry you did.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Gordita Supreme
Irony. You play metal and want a good amp... yet want it for under $400 and not tube?

Maybe it's just me, but I think SS can never, no matter how good, stand up to a tube.

I would suggest researching more about tubes, maybe you could get a cheap head used, maybe Rivera.

Tubes are good at low volumes thats why.

IMO SS amps can stand up to tubes in some sections tubes are better.