4 50%
telecaster all single coil
3 38%
explorer or other humbucker guitar, p90-s in the lp
0 0%
explorer or other humbucker guitar, less harsh humbuckers in lp split
1 13%
Voters: 8.
before anyone asks, i play metal (like black sabbath, metallica kind of metal, not nu-metal) and hard/classic hard rock. i currently own a epi lp standard with a SD sh-6, played thru a epi valve jr with metal and big muffs. i am in the market for a new guitar and looking to spend up to about $600 usd, and i would really like to add some versatility to my "arsenal". here are my options.

-telecaster w/ humbucker split
-telecaster all single coil
-explorer or other humbucker guitar, p90-s in the lp
-explorer or other humbucker guitar, less harsh humbuckers in lp split

im really torn and i would just like to see what people say and what ideas u come up with that maybe i havent thought of, or why i should pick the option u chose. once i make a decision i will start looking at new pickups for both guitars (and probably start a new thread ) thanks all.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
EG Forum

Telecaster does not do metal as well as the other guitars you have suggested. I also wouldn't advise P-90 pickups for metal. Look at ESPs, Jacksons, Deans and Ibanez's for metal guitars. And usually active pickups would be a good idea.
o yea...i keep forgetting about the eg forum, im always on this one, sorry.

but im well aware that no single coil does metal. i want versatility. one single coil guitar, and one metal guitar. i just dont know what direction to go in.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC