This might sound like an "you're a F***ing idiot" sort of question but here goes.

I've been playing guitar and for some reason I didn't notice this until now (please don't ask why 'cause I really don't know), but when I play I seem to have trouble keeping an even volume espessially on the high E. [/ Is this the strings - .46-.10? Or the pick. Dunlop standard Gator Grip. Or is it just me?

It's a rather cheap guitar. To be specific, a $200 Squire Strat with no modifications.
If ur ears aint ringin...ur doin it wrong

You mean you hit the high E with too much force, or not enough?

Either way, its likely not the guitar or the pick.. Just a habbit you've stumbled into
My first electric was a Squier Telecaster. The pickups were sh!t, and when amped, the high E was much quieter than the other strings. A pickup change would help this, but I wouldn't bother with that guitar.
Quote by Peaceful Rocker
You mean you hit the high E with too much force, or not enough?

Either way, its likely not the guitar or the pick.. Just a habbit you've stumbled into

Crap... Whelp I've changed the way I play before...

Quote by Eirien
My first electric was a Squier Telecaster. The pickups were sh!t, and when amped, the high E was much quieter than the other strings. A pickup change would help this, but I wouldn't bother with that guitar.

Well, I ordered a Kramer Striker from Musicians Friend back in Jan. Its still not here and won't be till May.

EDIT: HAHAHA! Nice quote!

you could also try raising the pickup on that side of the string. check to see if when you play that high E and switch between pickups, it sounds the same, if not you can level out whatever pickup you want by tightening the screw on that side. This si a very fast explanation, however you should look into it on the net
You're either changing the force you pick with or the pickups are too low in relation to the lower strings