Page 1 of 4
What are the most overrated and underrated movies of all time? I'm doing this mostly to introduce people(including myself)to good films that aren't that well know(hence the underrated).

Overrated: 300
Underrated: Scent of a Woman
Member of the UG Gentlemen of Higher Thought Establishment. Invite only. . .
Most overrated:Harry Potter Flicks
Most underrated:Blow

For all of you who havent seen blow, rent it immediately, its ****in great.
Overrated : Borat, Napoleon Dynamite
Underrated : Short films.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Overrated: Old Classic movies. Gosh they are boring. Old and black and white =/= unbelievably amazing.
Underrated: Lot of action comedy films with not a lot of marketing such as Constantine, Man of the House, etc.
Underrated:Children of Men
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by HeavenlyDead667
most underrated: napoleon dynamite

No....just no....

Overrated: All the "___ Movies" after Scary Movie.
overrated: the departed
underrated: shaun of the dead
The worst affliction, however, is probably AADD - adult attention deficit disorder. It's a more verbose way of saying "I'm a dumbass."

...it was like Rambo sent them all Christmas cards, but instead of cards it was murder
most over-rated=every single modern comedy. infact, every modern mainstream movie phails

most under-rated=the jerk. seriously i pissed myself laughing
Cloverfield. One of the most underrated movies of all time imo. Lots of people hate it, i personally loved that movie..
Also underrated ALOT: Waterworld, i thought that movie was awesome too...
Quote by StratPat
****, nah I've never got anything like that, I just get 'YOU'VE WON THE MOTHERFUUCKIN LOTTERY IN IREELAND SEND ME UR DETAILS N U GET 10 000 000 DOLLLAAZZ"

But I'm sure some paid hitman wouldn't email that, and would have better grammar
Overrated:The Matrix
Underrated:Trainspotting
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by kbowz21
overrated: the departed
underrated: shaun of the dead

+1 on shaun of the dead
-1 on the departed

u remained neutral, u got lucky this time punk
overrated: most movies
underrated: Casablanca
it's got some of the greatest lines of all time but you don't really hear about it these days
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
everyone who puts "most movies" for overrated should just go away. do you think that if you trash everything mainstream and put some aweful artsy movie as underrated then we will think you are enlightened or something? wow, you're so cool.
The worst affliction, however, is probably AADD - adult attention deficit disorder. It's a more verbose way of saying "I'm a dumbass."

...it was like Rambo sent them all Christmas cards, but instead of cards it was murder
Quote by kbowz21
everyone who puts "most movies" for overrated should just go away. do you think that if you trash everything mainstream and put some aweful artsy movie as underrated then we will think you are enlightened or something? wow, you're so cool.

Someone's jealous that they aren't cultured.

And if you're having a go at people bashing people "trashing everything mainstream", then surely you have no right to call "artsy" movies awful?
overrated: saw series and 300 for sure. rush hour 3 was crap.

underrated: undercover brother and clerks 1 and 2. i laughed so hard during those movies.
Quote by kbowz21

I totally agree with you, while many mainstream movies suck there are many priceless gems that aren't independent artsy films.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Someone's jealous that they aren't cultured.

And if you're having a go at people bashing people "trashing everything mainstream", then surely you have no right to call "artsy" movies awful?

sure, i'm not cultured. think that if you want. i don't care. i never said all artsy movies are bad. i'm just sick of people acting like just because they have heard the title of an obscure movie, that they are god.

and thank you atwags01

Quote by kbowz21
sure, i'm not cultured. think that if you want. i don't care. i never said all artsy movies are bad. i'm just sick of people acting like just because they have heard the title of an obscure movie, that they are god.

You're complaining that people are suggesting films you haven't heard of as underrated? You don't think it's obvious that less well known films are more likely to be the underrated ones? How can you complain about that?
Quote by kbowz21

The only "artsy" movie I've seen in this thread is "short films." I guarantee that most of the films mentioned in this thread have been seen by more than few UGers.

Secondly, where the f*ck was anyone acting like God in this thread?

Although I do admit, The Three Colours may not be recognised by many people, it's still a fantastic set of films.
Quote by kbowz21

Again I agree, as a wannabe film student I am completely tired of people thinking they are so cultured because they get the independent film channel.
i wasn't complaining about people putting unknown movies. i was complaining about people claiming that anything mainstream sucks and then claiming that any indie is amazing. atwags01 is right, just because you saw a movie on the independent film channel doesn't make you some kind of expert

Quote by kbowz21
i wasn't complaining about people putting unknown movies. i was complaining about people claiming that anything mainstream sucks and then claiming that any indie is amazing. atwags01 is right, just because you saw a movie on the independent film channel doesn't make you some kind of expert

I'm going to respond to this comment as if it's a personal comment towards myself.

1) I don't even have this "Independant Film Channel" you speak of
2) When I say "most movies", I don't confine that to just "mainstream" movies. There are PLENTY of independant and foreign films that are complete bollocks as well.
3) I never proclaimed to be an expert on film, just an expert on what my personmal taste is.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I'm going to respond to this comment as if it's a personal comment towards myself.

1) I don't even have this "Independant Film Channel" you speak of
2) When I say "most movies", I don't confine that to just "mainstream" movies. There are PLENTY of independant and foreign films that are complete bollocks as well.
3) I never proclaimed to be an expert on film, just an expert on what my personmal taste is.

...but I thought you were an expert at everything
Quote by HeavenlyDead667
most overrated: anything that wins an oscar
most underrated: napoleon dynamite

most underrated: napoleon dynamite? bolloxs
really to me its the most overrated **** ever

Overrated: Scarface (guh. Have people who worship this movie even seen it?), Annie Hall, There Will Be Blood (not absolutely terrible, but DDL's performance is, while great, a bit hammy and more suited for the stage, his character got boring to watch after about an hour, none of the other performances were much more than decent if that, and the ending is not "revolutionary" or "visionary," unless those now mean ridiculous and..... what's a shorter way of saying "Paul Thomas Anderson couldn't figure out a way to end his movie so he just ended it"?)

Underrated: Sabrina (the 1995 version with Harrison Ford), Say Anything, Shadowlands, Almost Famous (not sure if it's really underrated, but it's my favorite movie so I figured I'd mention it), and, umm, Space Jam.
Overrated: all movies with the word "movie" in the title.
underrated: Blazing Saddles
sup?
Over: Fight Club

Under: UHF or Mallrats (I can't decide)
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Page 1 of 4