Page 1 of 2
Whats up i was wonderin what are you alls top 5 fav metal bands and the reason why mine are

1.Slayer:Awesome guitar and awesome singer
2.Devildriver:Bad ass Vocals Double Bass Drums
3.Morbid Angel: Old School Death Metal
4.Five Finger Death Punch: Awesome All over
5.Sepultura.ROots Bloody: Roots HEll yeah

keep rocking
be excellent to each other and party on dude
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
I hate metal!
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
5 favorite metal bands
1. metallica
2. iron maiden
3. avenged sevenfold
4. slayer
5. judas priest

5 favorite rock bands
1. led zeppelin
2. red hot chili peppers
3. metallica
4. beatles
5. van halen

metal is overrated
Metallica - I love Kill 'Em All and Ride the Lightning. not so fond of ...AJFA and haven't listened to master of puppets all the way through to form much of a good opinion.
Children of Bodom - Introduced me to metal with screaming, not just gruffy vocals like hetfield and mustaine. I think I paid more attention to the music for awhile though.
Dethklok - absolutely ****ing brutal. "go into the water" is epic.
In Flames - was basically the first melodeath band i listened to (unless you wanna count bodom) and is amazingly awesome.
Megadeth - some of the riffs with these guys are amazing. catchy songs and pretty damn awesome in general.
dude, hate to break it to ya, but kerry king sucks.
Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army

Quote by #1 synth
i figure as long as its not a puppy it's fair game for my penis.
In NO Specific Order...
Megadeth
Black Label Society
Pantera
Trivium
Slipknot
the list goes on fellas...
BUT
i will have everyone know that britney spears JUST fell short of my top five list...
1. Black Sabbath - Heavy riffs of doom, creators of metal!
2. Metallica - I just love the emotion in their songs, easy to relate to (for me)
3. Ozzy Osbourne - Classic
4. Rainbow - Great vocals and riffs
5. Slayer - Wicked
Quote by OrangePossum

win.

lol thanks, ppl usually get really mad when i bring up mannillos brootalness
1. Alluminum: Really easy to bend into the wristband, light and easy to wear.

2. Steel: Gives you that heavier tougher look, good for when the bad girl in you wants to go to the wrong side of town.

3. Iron: For when you are feeling all frumpy and like a a big grumpaloo, you can let people know with your big iron wristband that just screams go away and grumpy.

4. Gold: lets face it a girrrrlz just gotsta look purdy

5. All at once for when you want to go for the big over the top bling effect. nothing is cooler than lots of metal bands on your wrist. Don't forget to get them engraved by your bff and bf.

I LOVE METAL BANDS
Good Charlotte sounds like...uh...they sound like...um...well, they taste like a popsicle stick thats been shoved up someones ass -Eddie Vedder

REMEMBER DISCO: All stupid fads go away with time. STOP COMPLAINING
Quote by nt1440
1.FOB
2. Patd
3 Greenday
4. tokoi hotel
5. barry manilo

amidoinright?

metal up your ass !!!

by the way you forgot MCR
Trust me I'm a doctor

A doctor with a mustache
Quote by bah humbug
I hate metal!

metal hates you.

Children of bodom
Pantera
Iron Maiden
Megadeth
Trivium
Quote by mathieupM13
metal up your ass !!!

by the way you forgot MCR

oh well, i hate them, but that doesnt make sense, because i hate that tokoi band incredibly much, the singer is just sooooooooooooo sooooooooooooo (to jdkslfjdadlk for words)
Hahah This Thread Is Funny But Dudes Metal Isnt Overated Certian Bnads Are And I Have Freinds That Like Those Emo Bands So Idk Any More
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
Quote by israels_son

2. Steel: Gives you that heavier tougher look, good for when the bad girl in you wants to go to the wrong side of town.

3. Iron: For when you are feeling all frumpy and like a a big grumpaloo, you can let people know with your big iron wristband that just screams go away and grumpy.

5. All at once for when you want to go for the big over the top bling effect. nothing is cooler than lots of metal bands on your wrist. Don't forget to get them engraved by your bff and bf.

I LOVE METAL BANDS

+1 Win.
Quote by vamprocker
Hahah This Thread Is Funny But Dudes Metal Isnt Overated Certian Bnads Are And I Have Freinds That Like Those Emo Bands So Idk Any More

I'm sorry, could you please write that again? Try doing it in english this time.

I'm not really a big fan of metal, but here's my list.

1. Kyuss
2. Mastodon
3. Black Sabbath
4. Iron Maiden
5. Isis
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by israels_son

I LOVE METAL BANDS

Absolutely brilliant. +1
"He can dance if he wants too, he can leave his friends behind..."

Quote by Tsucchi
Because nothing is sexier than a man with a mouth full of crayons.
1 - Metallica
2 - All Shall Perish
3 - Devildriver
4 - The Agony Scene
5 - Iron Maiden

Harder to pick my top 5 than I thought... considering when I think "Metal" I don't classify by sub-genre's... Metal is all metal. But thats just my take on it.
Quote by israels_son

I LOVE METAL BANDS

way to show me up asshole, brilliant
1. Dark Tranquillity - These guys write some really spectacular tunes... I don't know why I've been digging them so much lately, just kind of got a soft spot for it.
2. Elvenking - I hate to be one of those "I only like that band's old st00f lololol" but seriously Heathenreel was one of the best metal albums ever made.
3. Amon Amarth - Really, I don't know why... I don't like too many of their tunes, but the ones that I do make up for most metal.
4. Cannibal Corpse - These guys got me into death metal, they made me appreciate the fact that not all music needs to be melodic. I don't know, but bridging me into death metal ... I owe them a spot in my top five.
5. Cradle of Filth - Shoot me, I don't care. This is THE band that got me into metal, without them it couldn't have happened for me. I actually enjoy a good bit of their tunes... they aren't as terrible as all the haters make them out to be.

It's really hard to pick a top 5.

Quote by vamprocker

keep rocking
be excellent to each other and party on dude

*facepalm* I can't believe you actually said that.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
1. Opeth- Without them my musical tastes would not be as diverse as they are today. Every single band I have gotten into in the past year and a half can all be credited to me discovering Opeth. They were my musical Renaissance.

2. Pelican- One of my most influential bands. They opened up a whole new world of music to me, and my playing style hasn't been the same since.

3. Mastodon- They were my first real taste of more melodic metal, and the sludgier sound, as well. They are also addicting as crap. Anytime I listen to them, I can't stop for a long time.

4. Jesu- Justin Broadrick's many, amazing, tones are some of the best I've ever heard, and, like Pelican, have made a long lasting impact on my playing style.

5. Genghis Tron- One of the most unique bands out there today. Just an overall amazing band.

#5 changes off and on, but the top 4 are solid.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
This thread is probably gonna get closed. Anyways,

-Opeth: I shouldn't even have to explain it.

-Strapping Young Lad: The sound is so dense and layered and Devin Townsend is a genius. I'm totally gay for him.

-Gojira: They have some pretty cool melodies as well as catchy, bottom heavy grooves. Joe Duplantier is a great vocalist, as well. I also love the distinct sound of their drummer.

-Emperor: I love their use of keyboards to thicken up the dark atmosphere of the music they play, I love the vocals, I love the riffs, I love the everything, dammit!

-Nevermore: I love how unorthodox Warrel Dane's singing is, and I love the heaviness of the music as well as the melodies. It's that tinge of progressive sprinkled all over everything they do that really makes the music awesome.
Quote by madbasslover
-Strapping Young Lad: The sound is so dense and layered and Devin Townsend is a genius. I'm totally gay for him.

-Gojira: They have some pretty cool melodies as well as catchy, bottom heavy grooves. Joe Duplantier is a great vocalist, as well. I also love the distinct sound of their drummer.

+*random high number*

Those should have been higher on my list, but I kidna forgot them while typing. =/

But, agreed, two of the greatest bands of all time. Ever.

Really.

Ever.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Black Sabbath-Tony has written the greatest and most heaviest riffs and i love his solos
Metallica-Kill 'Em All had some pretty mean riffs, same as their following 2 albums
Iron Maiden-Adrien Smith and dave murray with their touching guitar duets
Quote by St.Loony
1. Searchbar
2. Wrong Forum
3. You Suck
4. GTFO
5. You Haves AIDs.

1. Read the post date.
Death
In Flames
Between The Buried and Me
The Human Abstract
Children of Bodom and a ton more. I don't have a top five really, it alternates from week to week.
Page 1 of 2