I got the dreaded red light blinking. How do I get rid of it?
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
Quote by Flying Afros
I got the dreaded red light blinking. How do I get rid of it?

Gear:

Ibanez XPT707FX
Ibanez RG7321 (DiMarzio D-Activator 7 Pickups)

Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah-Wah
DigiTech Whammy WH-4
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station

Line 6 Flextone III Plus w/FBV2 Footswitch
Just call up M$ customer support and they will send you a cardboard coffin. You then send it to them via FedEx or UPS free of charge. Usually takes 3-4 weeks from the time you contact them to you receiving a new box. If you want a temporary fix, just do the towel trick.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Doesn't it depend on how many red lights blink? 3 is death, 4 is unplugged AV or something like that?

Yeah, the 3 red lights is a general hardware failure. I can't remember what the others stand for. I know one is power failure, one is hard drive failure, and the other is AV cables. I just don't know which is which.
Two of my friends had it. Just send it back to microsoft and you'll get it back in a week or two( one friend got it back in 1 week and theother in 2)
between waiting for the box to mail it in, mailing, waiting, hanging yourself from waiting boredom, and receiving, 6-9 weeks
the game
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Doesn't it depend on how many red lights blink? 3 is death, 4 is unplugged AV or something like that?

I have the 3 lights....NOOOOO

And if I send it back, can I keep my hard drive so I won't lose all my saved games? Or do I lose everything...
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
Quote by happytimeharry
Yeah, the 3 red lights is a general hardware failure. I can't remember what the others stand for. I know one is power failure, one is hard drive failure, and the other is AV cables. I just don't know which is which.

4 is AV failure, cos I keep getting it, and it generally fixes itself.

I should probably invest in a new cable.
Quote by Flying Afros
I have the 3 lights....NOOOOO

And if I send it back, can I keep my hard drive so I won't lose all my saved games? Or do I lose everything...

You keep everything but the 360 itself. Your saved games will work just like they did, but any DLC you had will now only work if you are logged in to Live.
3 lights= youre screwed
any other number of lights can be fixed i beleive, if its a full ring its just the cables unplugged.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Right now, I'd suggest taking off your hard drive to see if that helps.

What happened to me is, I had the red ring of death twice. The first time, my Xbox really did die. The second time, my hard drive was effed up, but I still sent my 360 in due to miscommunication.
When the music's over, turn out the lights.

Quote by pencap
i fingerd my girl the other day she got so wet nearly my entier hand was soked after that i ate her up, she blacked out it was awesome