Well I recently posted a thread and got some good answers but now am a little bit confused. I want to play electric and have a budget of $650-ish. I will probably play mostly classic, alternative, and some blues. I'm not positive yet. The thing is many people say I should buy a better amp. I was thinking of getting a Fender HSS Srat (for versatility), or a Fender Standard strat along with a Roland Microcube and the rest for accesories but, I've heard to get a Epi Valve Jr. Combo but they only have a volume knob. Then I heard to get a Blackheart stack and a Epi Vintage G-400, normal Epi G-400 or an Epi Les Paul Studio. I'm having trouble deciding what I should really get. Any help?
paul reed smith SE custom. $599. look into it. go play it at guitar center. its sweet
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass (Active Electronics) (MIM)
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab
^I helped him on his old thread, that's for everything, including his amp/cables. Gtwo, go and try them out, epi's QC isn't the best ever. Do get the blackheart stack, and I'd say those three epi's tend to have good QC though. play them, and see which you like. If you can find a Standard LP for $399, get it.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
^I helped him on his old thread, that's for everything, including his amp/cables. Gtwo, go and try them out, epi's QC isn't the best ever. Do get the blackheart stack, and I'd say those three epi's tend to have good QC though. play them, and see which you like. If you can find a Standard LP for $399, get it.

If I got the Standard LP for $399 then I would have not much money left for the tuner, cable, picks, strings, stand, and a book I want to get if I were to get the blackheart stack. And why a Standard LP over an HSS strat?
if this is basically ur first rig, get the cube (higher gain) or the vox (more classic) toned amp.

spend about $240 on the amp.

and then a nice HSS fender mex. $400. (used mexican fenders are about $250)
sg-400, if you love that look instead. either way is fine.

the rest on a nice cable, $10 stand and, $20 korg tuner.

dont bother with small tube amps yet. they sound best when cranked, and arent very versatile.

in this stage, ull want an amp you can plug headphones into. something with versatility, something that works best at lower and medium levels.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^what jenny said.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by jj1565
if this is basically ur first rig, get the cube (higher gain) or the vox (more classic) toned amp.

spend about $240 on the amp.

and then a nice HSS fender mex. $400. (used mexican fenders are about $250)
sg-400, if you love that look instead. either way is fine.

the rest on a nice cable, $10 stand and, $20 korg tuner.

dont bother with small tube amps yet. they sound best when cranked, and arent very versatile.

in this stage, ull want an amp you can plug headphones into. something with versatility, something that works best at lower and medium levels.

Ok, so how about a Vox Valvetronix AD30VT, Fender HSS Strat (don't know which color), some stand, single pack of strings by D'adaddario, Dimarzio 10ft cable, picks, and korg tuner plus warranty for the Strat. It comes out to be about $750 which I could lower to probably $710 and then finance it.
You won't need strings right off, buy them later. Otherwise that sounds good.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Originally posted by gtwosaints:
Ok, so how about a Vox Valvetronix AD30VT

I'm loving my ad30vt man, I would say definitely go for it. Preset tones aren't the best but if you sit down and play with them for a bit you can get some really nice sounds =)
Current Gear:
Taylor 210ce
Fender Blues Jr.
Vox Tonelab LE
PRS Custom 24

Visual Sound h2o
Visual Sound Double Trouble
"Even Less"
Last edited by Aescio at Mar 23, 2008,
Get the Vox. For God's sake, do NOT get the Spider. I fell into that trap. It's ok, but the Vox is far superior.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS: