ok well i bought an EMG 85 today at the store nd i had an EMG 81 already but just the pickup withoutr the wiring. does any one know if im going to need the who wiring setup that came with my EMG 85 or just the Easy connect cable? also my guitar is an Jackson RR3 nd it has 3 knobs but i only have 2 that came with the EMG 85. anyone have any help for me?
just the easy connect cable, that will have the pickup hot/ground and the power wire for the battery. The 85 should have the rest, like the battery clip, input jack, and pots. You will want to use all 25k pots though, like the ones that came with the 85. You can get away with using a pot that's in it already, but it will act more like an on/off switch, rather than have a gradual sweep.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
oo i also forgot to ask bout that round looking thing that u solder stuff to. srry i dnt no the technical names to these things. do i need to buy that or is it in the guitar already?
heh, I dunno man, round looking thing is pretty vague. Do you mean the switch?
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids