I just got a '72 Deluxe Telecaster Reissue, and regardless of what anyone says I love it. That being said, I want to replace my amp and get a distortion pedal. I'm looking at the RAT2 and a Fender Twin Reverb, sort of modeled after what some other guitarists in bands I like play. I went in to Guitar Center the other day and asked to try the RAT2, and they just had me plug in to this little amp next to the Boss Pedal playing this Schecter guitar. I asked if I could possibly go into a room and try it out louder to get a better feel for the sound, but they just told me to turn up...Later I went and grabbed "my" guitar off the walls and plugged into a Fender Twin Reverb (without the RAT).

My point is, I'm not really getting an accurate representation of what this set-up will sound like, and I don't have the gall to say "Hey, I want to take this guitar, this pedal, and this amp into that room to try it all out loud enough."

Should I? Is this a reasonable request by any standard?

Thanks appreciated.

(Also, any thoughts on that set-up. It's more of an indie rig, and I know there's a lot of haters out there...)
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
Last edited by MoonBoots432 at Mar 22, 2008,