Im a music theory noob and i am still reading the basics right now. The book i am reading says that stringed instruments mostly involve the treble clef. So since i want to learn music theory for guitar, should i just ignore the bass clef?
Quote by Kidfadetoblack
Im a music theory noob and i am still reading the basics right now. The book i am reading says that stringed instruments mostly involve the treble clef. So since i want to learn music theory for guitar, should i just ignore the bass clef?

Focus on treble at first. Once you get good enough it will be useful to know the bass clef as well, if you only have a bass part, and need to come up with a guitar part.
Bass guitar, cello, and double bass all use bass clef. Viola uses tenor I think, and violin and guitar use treble...so as a guitarist you should learn treble.
You won't need to memorize them, just remember bass cleff is two notes below treble on the stave.

Or is it two notes above...
Quote by Big Spender
You won't need to memorize them, just remember bass cleff is two notes below treble on the stave.

Or is it two notes above...

I think it's above.
Quote by Avedas
I think it's above.

I always find that confusing to remember.

The low E on the bass staff is the first ledger line below, and is two octaves lower than the low E on the treble staff, which is the lowest staff line.
Quote by Kidfadetoblack
No. Don't involve yourself with the bass clef right now. Just get proficient at reading the treble clef. If you're sight reading improves, the bass clef won't be such a hurdle when you need to know it.

Yes, GBDFA/ACEG is easy to remember but sight reading the bass in conjunction with the treble...more difficult.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Quote by KryptNet
No. Don't involve yourself with the bass clef right now. Just get proficient at reading the treble clef. If you're sight reading improves, the bass clef won't be such a hurdle when you need to know it.

Yes, GBDFA/ACEG is easy to remember but sight reading the bass in conjunction with the treble...more difficult.

I always learned the spaces when I was a young kid in music class. For treble FACE. For bass ACEG (All Cows Eat Grass).