Crate Palomino V16 for $200 buck!!!

I actually talk to the manager this time! He was kinda scary but nice in the same time

I will definitely talk to him every time i need to get a good deal. The assistant manager was like "$259 plus tax is the best we can do" (couple of days ago) and i was like, no. Then i came back today and i talk to the manager he was like "$223 plus tax so it will all be $249) so i told him " no i only got $200" and started to walk away (to let him think).Then told him about how its discontinue (he already know, but i emphasize) and other amp are coming (Blackheart $ Windsor) and you will be losing money because this thing is taken up precious space. Then a second later he said okay! I like him

This is going to be my practice amp/small portable gig amp
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
nice!
Quote by kyrreca
You could get $1000 custom made pickups hand wired with Eric Johnsons pubic hair, and they'd still sound pretty bad through a ****ty solid state practice amp.

Quote by Geetar_Axel
Really? I thought Frontmans where highly respected around here?!
good job man sweet deal
My Gear:
Epi standard les paul
Taylor 110 acoustic
Fender blues junior amp
Fulltone OCD
Thanx guys!!!Also for recommending me this amp for practice,portability, and its ability to gig for small venue It was like an adventure finding a good second amp, good thing there was the UG community. I felt said for the boy (maybe 14-16 yrs) i saw who both a line 6 spider III 75 watt. I almost told him to not buy it, but he was dealing with my favorite salesperson, so i was like (on my mind) "If i save him now he will never learn an important lesson" but i did it mainly because i didn't want screw the salesperson and it not my business . This is the main reason why people should research first before you buy, and maybe find UG and look at what people say about amp, good and bad ones! I once bought an Line 6 spider III 200 watt, then ask here, someone say "throw it on the river" i didn't do that but i did return it, and save me from a really bad amp It was like $450, then i saw a Peavey Classic 50 212/BT and got it for $400 with tax (one of my other haggling magic )
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Umm can anyone lead me to the manual of this amp? I went to Crate website but found nothing, not even one palomino

Thanx for any help i can find. I tried google but no luck.
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
nope, can't find any. what do you need to know? should be pretty straight forward eh?
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Well, i am just curious and want to read the manual for if any, functions that i may not know about the amp. Like the V8 which have a line out, but in reality it is also an effects loop. I don't know just curious man
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
They aren't on the crate website but they are the same as some of the V series amps.

Nice job on the amp. MIA or MIV? I almost got a deal like that but mine was $230. Also, I don't feel bad for the kids that buy large Spiders and MGs. I think that they should do a little research before they make a terrible decision. 10 minutes of research on the computer besides fanboy reviews would save them from terrible tone and wasting their money.
^I got a MIV one, people say the MIA is better, but i don't know about that. Maybe a tiny, but i always think that poor people who needs money will work better than people in a richest country who needs money also but not to the point of dying in starvation if they don't get the job done (quality wise, and reliability )

Edit: The V18 is a lot different, i just look at the manual and it has effects loop, line out, etc. I guess i still gotta look and hopefully find the bloody manual
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Last edited by angeldef at Mar 24, 2008,
Haha, found it guys.

yoyodunno gave me the link on the v8 when i was looking to buy the v8, i just click the link right now and change the v8 on the address to v16, and wala got the manual for v16. I feel like a million buck

Thread:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=802981&page=2

Link from yoydunno:
http://www.crateamps.com/pdf/manuals/V8_Palomino.pdf

Just change the v8 and put v16.

EDIT: nothing special about the amp straight forward amp, but it was nice to have the manual. There this proper biasing stuff that i read, nice i know what to do now
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Last edited by angeldef at Mar 24, 2008,
I have the MIA one and I'm not sure if its just crate or the fact thats its MIA, but when i got it the reverb nob was loose and popped right off, couple months later the clean channel volume came off, the overdrive button got stuck so i had to use the footswitch, sometimes while im playing it just decides to manually use the boost, or it will switch to overdrive by itself. Ive switched it to standby and had to listen to this horrible popping static noise that slowly disintegrates. But it still sounds amazing.
Quote by kyrreca
You could get $1000 custom made pickups hand wired with Eric Johnsons pubic hair, and they'd still sound pretty bad through a ****ty solid state practice amp.

Quote by Geetar_Axel
Really? I thought Frontmans where highly respected around here?!
Quote by acdcrocks0323
10 minutes of research on the computer besides fanboy reviews would save them from terrible tone and wasting their money.

Yep, I've learned my lesson
Dude, guys!!!! I just plug my GT-8 into it for the first time and i wasn't expecting a good sound because it doesn't have a effects loop and because the GT-8 was digital, but wow the thing sounded so awesome. I couldn't ask for more!!! I can actually crank it, it can reach metal + more, it was light i actually played in my garage today because i was able to carry it there , and lastly it just sound so awesome. What an excellent buy, practically noiseless unless you really crank it which is common for amp

Anyone who is second doubting, doubt no more. Get a good OD with it to reach heavy metal, without it.... you can still reach metal (metallicaish)
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W