I'm thinking of buying an MXR 10 band EQ off American Ebay as it would be cheaper then buying one from Australia. I was wondering if I could just have my boss power supply and then daisy chain all of my effects including the MXR. Would this only work on Australian pedals or could I include foreign pedals ?
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Don't try.
American voltage 120.
Australian voltage 230/240.
Bang, not good..
^ No, because isnt it still 9v? If he's using his australian power supply it wont. It would go bang if he plugged an american adapter into australian power though

Edit: even if you could, the mxr is 18 volts so you'd need a new adapter anyway.
Dude, American products were designed to handle 120volts.
If you plug a 120volt product into something that will push 240volts through it, well, you're kinda screwed/stupid.
Thats what adapters are for... They use 120v to 18v adapters in the US. As long as he uses an Australian 18v adapter, the pedal is only receiving 18v.
Would an Australian 18v adaptor still power the other pedals ?
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Oh ...
So its fine for me to buy things off american ebay (9v pedals such as boss) as long as i daisy chain from my Australian 9 boss power supply ?
And I would need to buy a 18v australian adaptor to only power the MXR ?
Man there should be world wide currencys and power... voltages.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Yes that should be fine. And you would need an 18v adapter for the MXR too. I'm with you about the world wide voltages too. I could buy a much better amp for what i payed for my Classic 30 and wouldnt need a step down adapter and whatnot!