Who in the music world today do you think will have the same effect on people when they die like Elvis, John Lennon or Kurt Cobain did?

Honestly the only person I think would come close would be Bono... and i'm not really that keen on him.
Last edited by tyler_j at Mar 23, 2008,
Jurt Cobain? lol

Ermm Bono would probably best be known for his charity work. I honestly can't think of anyone... how scary is that?
Slash, Bono, uhh....
As much as I hate to say it, Gerard Way.
Maybe even Dave Matthews... Who knows.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

Buckethead.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by tyler_j
Who in the music world today do you think will have the same effect on people when they die like Elvis, John Lennon or Jurt Cobain did?

...kurt had a brother?.....
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
Radiohead is one band that i think will still have a huge influence in the future, kind of the same way that Pink Floyd do now.
I did not get my Spaghetti-O's, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this.
Executed by injection, Oklahoma.
~~ Thomas J. Grasso, d. March 20, 1995.

Lyrics/Poetry

Fires Burning
It's funny, but Gerard Way. His singing is so-so, but people would go ape**** if he died. I don't know why, though.
damn, you fixed the Kurt thing. that would have brought a lot of flamming

uhmm... maybe Jack Johnson, Maynard James Keenan, Ozzy, Zakk Wylde, etc.
Quote by FireandFlames
Trent Reznor

Agreed
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
i think its hard now :giggle: becuase so many people have different tastes, whereas when elvis was alive it was him or nothing
Quote by DayTripper1967
wrong.

thom yorke from radiohead possibly.

yeah, him or Anthony Kiedis.
Hannah montana definitely

even though i haven't heard her music
Last edited by MadMetalManiac at Mar 23, 2008,
Quote by DayTripper1967
wrong.

thom yorke from radiohead possibly.

Not laughing at the Radiohead remark, at the Buckethead one. His ability on guitar alone is quite incredible, considering the many genres his spans. Half the time it seems he's creating his own.

Not to mention he's a beast on bass, banjo, and some piano. Someone who can branch numerous genres together, and make it sound pleasent and interesting, would be remembered in my eyes. Of course, not everyone would be remembered the same way by everyone. I doubt you've given him a nice hard listen.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by Skin the Sun
Radiohead is one band that i think will still have a huge influence in the future, kind of the same way that Pink Floyd do now.

+1, I agree with you there.
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
Quote by Td_Nights

Not laughing at the Radiohead remark, at the Buckethead one. His ability on guitar alone is quite incredible, considering the many genres his spans. Half the time it seems he's creating his own.

Not to mention he's a beast on bass, banjo, and some piano. Someone who can branch numerous genres together, and make it sound pleasent and interesting, would be remembered in my eyes. Of course, not everyone would be remembered the same way by everyone. I doubt you've given him a nice hard listen.

Well he is awesome at guitar, no question there, but all (pretty much) of his songs are boring, same riff repeated dozens of times then a solo then back to the riff. Surely he could do better? Just my honest opinion.
Quote by maggot9779
Well he is awesome at guitar, no question there, but all (pretty much) of his songs are boring, same riff repeated dozens of times then a solo then back to the riff. Surely he could do better? Just my honest opinion.

Oh my.

What have you been listening to?
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
ice cube.................................................no ................
Quote by Td_Nights
Oh my.

What have you been listening to?

Buckethead I'll admit that I haven't listened to ALL of his songs, but I doubt i'd have the patience.
Quote by maggot9779
Buckethead I'll admit that I haven't listened to ALL of his songs, but I doubt i'd have the patience.

I meant songs in particular.

Any certain albums? Quite a few are better (in my opinion) that quite a few others. Suppose it depends on taste.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
I don't think that the "mainstream" has enough attention span these days for it to matter much.

Certainly if someone (like Gerard Way) died I'm sure that it would have some sort of effect...

But it would be no where near defining an entire generation and then some like Hendrix, Cobain, Morrison... so on and so forth.

People forget so quickly these days.

But I know my life would be turned upside down if some of my idols died.
I don't recall, I have them on shuffle on winamp with all of my other music so I don't remember lol
Zakk Wylde, Alexi Laiho, (sadly) that one guitarist from Avenged Sevenfold, Steve Vai, Yngwie. I bet they all have influences on future music.
I'm gonna stick this one out there, James Hetfield, bash me if you want but this guy has influenced so many people, imcluding me. And hes not even dead yet!!
Dave Grohl, Jack Black, Kyle Gass and Thom Yorke. Maynard gets an honourable mention.