For my RG1570 im soon getting, im gonna swap out thhe pickups eventually. how would these Sound for 80's Hair metal and Shred?

Bridge- DiMarzio Super Distortion

Single Coil- No Clue? something clean...

Neck- DiMarzio Evolution
Put a Evo single coil in the middle, really clean glassy tone
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
don't get evo's use a diff pick-up's to get your sound/tone not steve vai's tone i suggest duncan's
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

Ibanez RGA 121 w/ Crunchlab and Liquifire
Music Man John Petrucci Mystic Dream
ERG Custom Guitar
Quote by Teh GIR
Put a Evo single coil in the middle, really clean glassy tone

really? i would have thought an Evo single coil would be more for distortion.

Thanks!

EDIT: To the Guy Above: So i cant Get EMG's because Zakk Wylde Uses them? Or The Dimarzio FRED/JOES whatever they are called because Satch Uses them? Beleive me, im not getting an Evo just because of Steve Vai
Last edited by Tubyboulin at Mar 23, 2008,
Quote by Tubyboulin
really? i would have thought an Evo single coil would be more for distortion.

Thanks!

EDIT: To the Guy Above: So i cant Get EMG's because Zakk Wylde Uses them? Or The Dimarzio FRED/JOES whatever they are called because Satch Uses them? Beleive me, im not getting an Evo just because of Steve Vai

what amp are you using?
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12

ERG Custom Guitar
You're gonna want to upgrade your amp first (according to his profile, it's an MG).
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
ok bro i just watched your vids on youtube....bro your not ready for a new guitar....your bends are out of tune aswell as your vibs. stick with your epi and mg.
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12

ERG Custom Guitar
also what mg do you have man i'll give you some pretty alright shred tone being i have almost the same gear as you.
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12

ERG Custom Guitar
Quote by tenaciousjp
ok bro i just watched your vids on youtube....bro your not ready for a new guitar....your bends are out of tune aswell as your vibs. stick with your epi and mg.

There's no need to be a prick about it. Bad gear can be very discouraging, so I don't blame anybody for wanting to upgrade from an MG. As for you, you're not one to talk as far as amps go.
thats pretty epic.
Yup...
Quote by kosmic
There's no need to be a prick about it. Bad gear can be very discouraging, so I don't blame anybody for wanting to upgrade from an MG. As for you, you're not one to talk as far as amps go.

i bet you havent even tried a supreme head from the 1990's the tone will rape you!
just because YOU can't tweak a MG doesn't mean its a bad amp.
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12

ERG Custom Guitar
Quote by kosmic

+ Eggnog.

TS, two things. First, amp upgrade > pickup upgrade. Seccond...

Single coils are NOT just for cleans, and humbuckers are NOT just for distortionz.

In my opinion, the point of a single coil pup in an HSH setup is to pair it with one of the buckers in positions 2 or 4 for a little more brightness and chime.
Quote by tenaciousjp
i bet you havent even tried a supreme head from the 1990's the tone will rape you!
just because YOU can't tweak a MG doesn't mean its a bad amp.

I sat down with the MG250DFX (or whatever the hell it's called) for an hour and a half at Guitar Center, trying to get a decent tone, but everything was cold, shrill, and lifeless. The EQ knobs were very unresponsive, and the effects were quite crap. For the same price of an MG, I can recommend way better amps.
thats pretty epic.
Yup...
Quote by kosmic
I sat down with the MG250DFX (or whatever the hell it's called) for an hour and a half at Guitar Center, trying to get a decent tone, but everything was cold, shrill, and lifeless. The EQ knobs were very unresponsive, and the effects were quite crap. For the same price of an MG, I can recommend way better amps.

ok well honestly it depends on what you play.
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12

ERG Custom Guitar
Quote by tenaciousjp
ok well honestly it depends on what you play.

No... no it doesnt. You're an idiot.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
Lol, owned.
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Alright guess i Shoulda Mentioned in my First Post That im also Upgrading my Amp Along with the Guitar. (And those vids on youtube are old by the way )

Im getting a Ceriatone 36 Watt Head, so try not to factor in the MG here.

Also, to guy so said Single Coils Not for Cleans all the Time and such. yeah, i know i just wanted something that can do Cleans REALLY well before i start getting into adding the distortion side of it.
Last edited by Tubyboulin at Mar 23, 2008,
Quote by iSlash
No... no it doesnt. You're an idiot.

sure it does,
if your just beginning why do you need a thousand dollar amp? the answer to that is no it really doesnt matter one what amp you start out on it depends on how serious you take guitar playing and by the looks of you your still into "I love slash stage" and is from hong kong so shove that up your rice hole!

By the way i can whip your ass in ping pong!
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12

ERG Custom Guitar
Last edited by tenaciousjp at Mar 23, 2008,
Quote by tenaciousjp
sure it does,
if your just beginning why do you need a thousand dollar amp? the answer to that is no it really doesnt matter one what amp you start out on it depends on how serious you take guitar playing and by the looks of you your still into "I love slash stage" and is from hong kong so shove that up your rice hole!

Dude... You lost. You're just making an ass out of yourself. Let it go.
thats pretty epic.
Yup...
I'd wait till you have the amp since you may like the way your current pups sound through it. Also, if you don't like how they sound you'll know what direction to go.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by tenaciousjp
sure it does,

YOu said it depends on WHAT you play, not how long you have been playing. SO now you try to say that it's ok for beginers. That makes tons of sense. For 200 dollars you can get a 5 watt all tube amp that will destroy any MG in everthing except volume. But if you are just starting out, you don't need really loud. How do you like that logic? Makes alot more sense than yours.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
YOu said it depends on WHAT you play, not how long you have been playing. SO now you try to say that it's ok for beginers. That makes tons of sense. For 200 dollars you can get a 5 watt all tube amp that will destroy any MG in everthing except volume. But if you are just starting out, you don't need really loud. How do you like that logic? Makes alot more sense than yours.

+17,000.
thats pretty epic.
Yup...
Im not getting the pickups for a while, so yes ill have a Chance to Try em out with the Amp. i just really want the Perfect Pickups though haha, dont wanna settle for less. Learned that with the first amp lol