Okay, so this is kind of an odd scenario, but I was hoping somebody could help me out. So I have a rifle that I am looking to sell to fund a new guitar. I posted the rifle for sale on a website I frequent and added to the post that I was looking to spend the money from the gun on a new guitar, a Gibson Les Paul. I received a response from somebody that has a 2004 Gibson Les Paul Studio. The Guitar is unplayed and has been autographed by the members of the band The English Beat. He had gotten the guitar from the VH1 show "Bands Reunite" as the winner of an auction. The guitar looks in pristine condition and does look unplayed. Does anybody have any idea what this autographed guitar might be worth? If I did accept the trade, I might consider just selling/trading it for a different Les Paul...

Thanks in advance
Jeremy
O.o

this makes me want to have a rifle

no idea what its worth though man
i have no idea but i would recomend asking him if he has all the documentation that it is authentic. a pawn shop near me has a pice of **** kramer that was "said" to be signed by the members of black sabath. the only problem is the letter of authinticity didn show were this was done or the date it was done. nor were there pics to prove it. and that guitar was beeing sold for a grand. he got riped off
Quote by GuitarFreak1387
i have no idea but i would recomend asking him if he has all the documentation that it is authentic. a pawn shop near me has a pice of **** kramer that was "said" to be signed by the members of black sabath. the only problem is the letter of authinticity didn show were this was done or the date it was done. nor were there pics to prove it. and that guitar was beeing sold for a grand. he got riped off

He does have all the paperwork from VH1. He said he paid $1300 for it. Honestly, I wouldn't really want the autographed guitar... I'm just gonna play it, and eventually it's gonna get beat up, and if there was any value to it being signed, then it will more than likely be deminished by the fact that I gunked the guitar all up.
I don't really recommend getting a signed guitar to be "beaten up." It's meant to be kept as a collectors guitar and meant to appreciate in value. Just get a regular LP for playing, unless you are going to keep it and hope to sell it later for more money.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
Quote by SQHero
I don't really recommend getting a signed guitar to be "beaten up." It's meant to be kept as a collectors guitar and meant to appreciate in value. Just get a regular LP for playing, unless you are going to keep it and hope to sell it later for more money.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I was just wondering how hard it would be to sell the guitar for the $1300 he was wanting in trade in value for it.... I'd rather somebody that would appreciate it have it, rather that it falling victim to my clumsy hands. Unfortunately this seems like it might be a case of "only worth what somebody is willing to pay"...
Quote by oguruma
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I was just wondering how hard it would be to sell the guitar for the $1300 he was wanting in trade in value for it.... I'd rather somebody that would appreciate it have it, rather that it falling victim to my clumsy hands. Unfortunately this seems like it might be a case of "only worth what somebody is willing to pay"...

ebay it if you get it, im sure some huge fan or collecter will buy it for well over $1300

EDIT: or trade me for my piece of **** Les Paul, it comes pre-beaten up, with the authentic chips and such
the english beat is a fantastic two tone band... further than that i dont know
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Seems like it's going to be more of a headache then it'll be worth. Collectors who pay good $$ for stuff care more about things then signatures. It's a none-custom guitar, a fairly obscure band(they're not the Stones), the 2004 seems insignificant, and the VH1 thing just seems like an attempt to make a good "viewer prize" then an event to produce a collectors item like what they sometimes do at RocK hall of fame and such.

That's imo.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
No. Why would it?
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
Quote by oguruma
Any way you guys think the signatures would decrease the value?

Not really. It really depends on the autograph and the guitar itself.

I have a Epiphone Les Paul junior signed by Jimmy page.
I wish it was a Gibson Les paul, but the stupid contest ripped me off.
Last edited by xLeon at Mar 23, 2008,