Ok.. so, our band at first was only the drums, a bass player, a guitar player (me) and this girl that sings.. okay, so she sings like REALLY good, but since we still don't have our own songs, we play covers.. and some songs have 2 guitars.. well, a lot of them, and this girl that sings.. knows how to play the guitar, but she CAN'T sing and play.. like.. DEFINITELY can't.. so, we were considering to get another guitar player.. but we're between 2 guys.. one of them is a friend of ours.. and he's really, really good at playing.. but he's TOO shy, so he screwed up at the audition.. then, the other one is a guy that we barely know.. and he doesn't play that well, but at the audition we was awesome... so we were wondering who would we choose.. I really do need advice..

Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry if this isn't quite understandable.. but english isn't my first language,,

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
You have a few options here, actually..

First is, get your girl to practice more, I used to think I could NOT sing and play but I recently overcame that with some effort.

Second, try to fix your friend, again, I'm also very shy about my playing however good it may be, this is something I need to work on, but I doubt it's something he can't do, maybe he just needs the right motivation, think about that.

If all else fails, go with the other guy, there have been a lot of actually mediocre or simply untalanted guitarists who've pulled it off by just looking good or knowing how to get people excited.

Also, I understood everything perfectly, no need to worry.

Good luck.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
I was also very shy at the beginning, but then I opened up and now we all gel as a band. I'd say give them both another shot. Well, the shy guy atleast, if he still messes up then go for the other.

You could also do what NorfIrIon said and tell the singer to learn to sing and play.
Choose the guy who's already a friend of yours.
The most important factor when auditioning is whether you can get along with them or not, closely followed by how well they can play.
So he screwed up at the audition because of his shyness, so what? You've already said that you know he can play really well so he obviously just needs to get used to playing in a band situation, which will happen eventualy once you take him on.
Pick the first one

He appears to be the best option and if you get along with him then it is a good choice
thanks a lot guys!

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
If you are going to add somebody, I'd say the first one. I think she should practice playing and singing at the same time more though.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Add the better songwriter of the two.

It's about time you broke away from covers, donchathink?
Quote by 5/4
Add the better songwriter of the two.

It's about time you broke away from covers, donchathink?

yeah.. I know.. we've only been together for a while.. but yeah.. we do need to get our own songs...

I'm a GIRL!