So i have spent about 11 months trying to set up a wedding band (about 6 hours average of work per week getting everything set up) and it was a great success. Got the place packed all night (give or take a few bum notes) and the guy gave us a tip so i ended up with £1k! Some people might see it as selling out but im jamming with my prog metal band tomorrow so i dont give a ****..better than working in mcdonalds!

Im so hyper i cant sleep..had about 6 pepsis
holy crap dude is it normal for a wedding band to make that much? I'm a singer/songwriter acoustic dude, i wonder if a wedding couple would dig just one dude playing acoustically...prob not...i wonder what kind of job i could get just playing for people

PS Congrats
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
What are you talking about? It's daytime here. And you can sleep when you're dead.

Congrats though.
Quote by TempoTantrum
holy crap dude is it normal for a wedding band to make that much? I'm a singer/songwriter acoustic dude, i wonder if a wedding couple would dig just one dude playing acoustically...prob not...i wonder what kind of job i could get just playing for people

PS Congrats

maybe for drinks reception man get in touch with a lot of agents and they will get you work..demo, photos and biog you need. They will only pay about $500. I run a 5 piece band and its made up of foreign musicians and my pupils i teach so they dont get a equal share (well 1 years work for a 27 year old should be $30000 at least so its payback time).
Congrats

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
Quote by InvaderTSN
So what did you play?

kinks, james brown, kc sunshine band, amy winehouse, bryan adams, beatles, rolling stones, bit jazz, bit of latin, bit of celtic music. 3 hours worth.
Holy **** man nice! My band is suppose to be playing at a wedding...I didn't know they get that much! *licks lips*
SPACE FOR RENT
Quote by Rock'N'Soul
Holy **** man nice! My band is suppose to be playing at a wedding...I didn't know they get that much! *licks lips*

ah well you will have nice bridesmades chatting you up! we had 60 yr olds giving us 'offers' tonight.