is it possible for an amp's AC power cord to not work properly but still turn the amp on?

as my current problem rite now:

amp turns on

standby mode is on automatically

as long as amp is turned on and in standby it is fine

once i switch into PLAY mode, that's when the fuse blows. and it's only the fuse behind the power cord receiver

so is it possible that it's the power cord? b/c i figgured if it was the cord, it wouldn't turn on AT ALL.

and btw, both tubes come on and glow (the tube failure lights don't come on either), both fuses for the tubes are perfectly fine.

ALL the fuses have been replaced with EXACTLY the same kind they're supposed to be. i'm praying somethin didn't go wrong inside the amp as i've been really good to it since i got it a lil over 4 months ago.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Get it checked out professionally. If you don't know what you're doing...don't mess around with it man, you'll regret it.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
pour some water in it WHILE ITS PLUGGED IN

you dont know how many newbz do this with the electrical device unplugged
well that's why i'm trying to ask someone experienced with this. if it can be solved w/ just a new power supply then that would be a lot nicer than someone charging me an arm and leg for a stupid fix. besides, i do ALL my stuff i haven't paid anyone to do anything w/ my guitar/amps since i got my third set of strings ever.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
no one's gone through this same thing?

well i guess i'll just buy a new AC adaptor tommorow and test it out, if it doesn't work i'll just return it and have to get raped from local guitar shop to get my amp fixed.

it's a damn shame that 4 month old amp messes up when i didn't even take it past 1/2 power.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH