hey guys.. lookin for a new amp..
came across the AVT50x .. its seems pretty good.. n read some good stuff about it..
just wonderin what everything things about the amp... or if there are any better amps out there round the same price (bout 800-900 AUD)
i play mainly rock and metal

thx
Quote by srq89
yeah easily, I took on one of my uncles who's suppose to be the strongest in the family and has the hottest wife. Tamed him like my bitch and then wacked off afterward thinking about his wife.

All in all, a very productive day.
For RRP$1200, there really isnt beating the RG50TC around here for what your after. If your a good haggler, you should get it for $1,000-$1,050.

There really isn't too much sub $1000 amps for you, other than a few solid state randalls which arent that great, and you'll probably regret buying them pretty quickly.

I can sell you a 2 months old RG50TC that has been used 3 times at bedroom volume for cheap if you like, though it really depends where you are located. I already own 2, and my girlfriends mum bought me this for christmas, so it's just sat in a closest unused. I think I still have the box actually!!
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this
Last edited by Cofflecakes at Mar 23, 2008,
What is the that in USD? Like 600?
I say +1 to the RG50TC. Marshall's aren't really that good unless its all tube. And you can find RG50TC's for around 900-1000
The way things get marked up here, maybe $500 USD at maximum. We also have a much smaller range.

Quote by littlephil
I say +1 to the RG50TC. Marshall's aren't really that good unless its all tube. And you can find RG50TC's for around 900-1000

I've never seen anywhere take a lower cash price than $1000, because I'm pretty sure the wholesale price for 5 of them is around $750 each. If it is even that cheap, and I really doubt it is.

Then you have to factor in the delivery and storage costs, so you'd be pushing to find a place to sell you one for $900 unless your buying a hell of a lot of other things too.
Quote by kyrreca
Quote by littlephil
Yeah, Australian prices suck. Single Recto combos go for like AU$2200+. Thats used on ebay

I found a few online for $999, i"m sure if you went in store with 900 cash you could talk them down.

EDIT:Maybe get like $50-100 more

EDIT 2: http://www.musostuff.com/catalog/product/1368/Randall_RG50TC.php Musostuff has them for 899

You seem to be forgetting that online stores can always offer things cheaper. They dont need to pay as much rent or labour and they often drop ship directly to you, to save themselves even more money. This is true even in the cases where they have a physical store as well.

In the case of musostuff, if he doesnt live locally to the store, he'll have to pay the $50 bucks delivery, with the added difficulty of warranty claims, which comes up surprisingly often with the RG50TC, mostly as footswitch & channel switching problems.

My point in this case is, even if he saves $50, your relying on the fact that nothing could possibly go wrong with your amp. I highly doubt any local randall dealer will do your warranty claim for you, as it is a pain in the ass for them with no benefit.

Tell you what; I'll hit the 3 stores nearby that I know have them in stock with 900 bucks cash, and try and buy one. I'll post the results as soon as I get home. This way, everyone will know what the best option is for sure.
Quote by kyrreca
I have that amp. At first I really didn't like how it sounded, then I figured out scooped-mids suck. Then I could stand it, but found it muddy as hell. Finally I tried changing the speaker, and all of a sudden I liked it much more.

The moral of the story, AVTs aren't bad amps, they're just over-priced and their flubbery stock speaker sucks at high-gain sounds. If you find one used, you might get a good deal on it. If it's a head, walk past the stock cab and look at something that doesn't say Marshall on it, but has decent speakers inside.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2