Page 1 of 2
Whats up fools, I havent been on in awhile, but Im in need of some new tunes to jam to, so please post any suggestions you would have. Im interested in ____core, so please feel free to post any thing as long as its interesting and innovative.

Also please refrain from posting things like Atreyu or Killswitch, thanks
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
Appreciated, but have both their albums.

Continue please?
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
Why not look into something other than core? Some stuff I've really been digging lately is Cave In's Perfect Pitch Black. Seriously though, I remember you saying you were into Andy Mckee, I would suggest checking out Antoine Dufour or any of the guys on Candy Rat. Really awesome stuff there.
And you can't spell funeral
without fun
hope you had a good time
cuz now your life is done
Thanks both of you, I've been diggin some heavier stuff lately, but Im down for this Antoine guy.
Quote by werty22

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
Quote by tomohawkjoe
As for heavier stuff man, you should check out Meshuggah's new album if you haven't already. Bleed is so ridiculous man.
As for some of the dudes off Candy Rat
I would say to check out
Craig D'Andrea
Antoine Dufour
Kaki King

As for more heavy stuff, I would say
Textures
Periphery
Sikth
Epehl Duath

Sikths first album was cool in the day, new stuff is terrible.

I listen to metal less and less, so I can't really help...
I hope you like Skrammz, if you don't try it out.

Cease Upon the Capitol (try Track 10)
Heaven In Her Arms
Envy
Le Pre Ou Je Suis Mort
Mihai Edrisch
Ampere
Fire Team Charlie
Neil On Impression
Sailboats

pm me if you want some
Quote by SadistNation

Heaven In Her Arms
Envy
Le Pre Ou Je Suis Mort
Mihai Edrisch
Ampere
Fire Team Charlie
Neil On Impression
Sailboats

pm me if you want some

add Et Tu Brute, Daitro, Sed Non Satiata, Escapado, and L'Antietam and you're good.

Also try Intronaut, good post-metal/metalcore.
ok, someone enlighten me, WTF is skrammz? is it like the new hip word screamo or something? beacuse thats what most of those bands are.

to the TS check out
magrudergrind
belle epoque
product of waste
st. jude
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Some one told me people use the word Skrammz now because scene kids have pretty much used screamo to describe bands like FFTL and Chiodos. I'm not to clear on it, all I know is that Skrammz is Screamo.

EDIT:
You guys forgot Raein, there pretty much one of the few screamo bands I can get into. Their stuff is so awesome.
And you can't spell funeral
without fun
hope you had a good time
cuz now your life is done
skrammz is a UG made up word, so i dont like it. haha.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
"We wanna have fun and we wanna get wasted." - Andrew W.K.

Quote by baltour;39385525
I think devildriver, lamb of god and killswitch are the best black metal probably ever.

Quote by andyq777
the clean vox weren't bad a lot

XBL: Tim The Hero
Quote by DressingCold
i'm pretty sure the word was made up elsewhere but i agree with you on not liking it.

Yeah, I know people who say that that aren't from UG...but it's stupid, I usually say it in a sarcastic manner
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
BOSS DF-2 Super Distortion & Feedbacker
I'd rather just say screamo but whenever i do i have to explain what the real screamo is and it just gets annoying after a while. And i like saying Skrammz because i can put Skrammy in front of it and it makes Skrammy Skrammz and that sounds awesome
Quote by DressingCold
i'm pretty sure the word was made up elsewhere but i agree with you on not liking it.

upon googling the word skrammz, the only results that came up were from UG
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
Quote by SealCubMassacre

I do believe the word was brought here by Luke...

I love how I got loads of mates who know what deathcore is and how widely the term is accepted outside UG
Quote by pmeg568c
upon googling the word skrammz, the only results that came up were from UG

look up 'skramz', and it's awesome anyways, way better than screamo or emo-violence
Belay my Last, White Chapel, Veil of Maya, Rose Funeral, With Dead Hands Rising, and Sea of Treachery are all sick bands

You probably have them though

Yamaha RBX A2
Ampeg BA600-115 1 x 15 Bass Combo
Comadre and Sailboats = two of the greatest bands ever (in my opinion). Loma Prieta is amazing, as is Trainwreck, Zann, and Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep. I haven't heard of the other two
Quote by SadistNation
Comadre and Sailboats = two of the greatest bands ever (in my opinion). Loma Prieta is amazing, as is Trainwreck, Zann, and Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep. I haven't heard of the other two

Definately worth checking out, they are both amazing. But then again, nearly every skramz band is :P.

To stay a bit on topic, I recently discovered a case of grenada, some good stuff!
http://www.myspace.com/acaseofgrenada

Yamaha RBX A2
Ampeg BA600-115 1 x 15 Bass Combo
Quote by SadistNation

Heaven In Her Arms
Envy
Le Pre Ou Je Suis Mort
Mihai Edrisch
Ampere
Fire Team Charlie
Neil On Impression
Sailboats

pm me if you want some

skrammz.. haha.
i like
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
Eh....they sound actually refreshingly original, at least to me. For some reason i get them mashed up with Aussitot Mort and A Petal Fallen. Vocally i guess it kind of sounds like Petal and musically a bit like Aussitot but more punky.
OK I like Aussitot, I'll check it out after I finish listening to Pyramid's Through the Hourglass
Champion
Sinking Ship
TRC
Outbreak
Dirty Money
Betrayed
Blacklisted
Youth Of Today
Justice
Quote by aggiefan33
OK I like Aussitot, I'll check it out after I finish listening to Pyramid's Through the Hourglass

That album is awesome. Its so chill without acutally being too chill, if you know what i mean, ha. I love it
Page 1 of 2