ok so i got the boss ds 1 distortion pedal and i love the sound it makes with my squire but it might just be because i have 10's on it. But when i plug my PRS SE Custom (which normaly gives me an amazing sound) (oh and it has 13 guage strings on it) anyway when i plug it into my distortion pedal it gets amazingly bassy. like it almost cuts out there is so much bass. But this normaly only happens when i hit the 6th string. Or powercords. But is there anyway to fix this??
Quote by Mr.Cuddles
i want to buy a hello kitty guitar than play it at a gig...
itll be like guitar solo than i pull out the kitty-caster and BAMMM
What kind of amp (I have a feeling that I have seen you post it before but i don't remember)?

It could be that the humbuckers are just thicker than the singles on your squier (I am assuming that it has singles of course.)
Yeah the if the Strat has single coils that will make the most difference right there.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
its a line 6. but i dont think that thats the problem because of the sound of my squire.... anyway i know the humbuckers are alot warmer sounding, so that might be the problem.

But is there anyway to fix it... well i mean make it sound a little less warmer... or less bassy???
Quote by Mr.Cuddles
oh sorry line 6 spider 2.
Quote by Mr.Cuddles
I believe the speakers in Spiders aren't too great, so that might be a problem. The humbuckers (and thicker strings) give it a lot more bass, so the speaker might not be able to handle it. Did you try turning bass down on the amp?
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by fendr15
oh sorry line 6 spider 2.

That is part of your problem. I have a spider 3 and the only way I can get rid of that annoying muddiness is to kill the bass and crank the drive and treble. I don't remember if it has a mid control or not, but I don't think it does, so it mucks that tonal range up too. Are you using the neck pup and is your tone rolled down? that can also factor into it.
im using the bridge pickup with th ton up to ten on the guitar. And i have no bass on the amp and full treble. But it gets worse with the drive up
Quote by Mr.Cuddles
Basically, if you're using a distortion pedal, you should use the clean channel on the amp. The cleaner, the better.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
i am but if i dont use any treble it gets really bad like basy again
Quote by Mr.Cuddles
New amp.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator