hi, i just got done watching i am legend, but my dad didnt rent it with the blu-ray or HD-TV version. so, can someone tell me, what happens in the alternate ending version of this movie? its pretty amazing btw.
There's an alternate ending? Oh Shi†!!! The theatrical one sucked!
it says on wikipedia
but i've only seen the normal ending
Quote by Avedas
There's an alternate ending? Oh Shi†!!! The theatrical one sucked!

i liked it...
Quote by DiMeTiMe
+3.141592

Quote by imgooley
It was such a good suggestion you gave him pi?

yeah, he gave me pi.
The alternate ending was better.
No idea why they didn't end it that way in the first place
Quote by GuitarUltimate?
i liked it...

Well, I liked it. But definitely not nearly what it could/should have been. This debate's old though.
Search it on youtube man, theres a clip. What happens is, the darkseekers only came for that hostage darkseeker which dr.robert was experimenting on, its the wife/girlfriend/bi tch of the one thats banging on the window insanely. He opens the door, they leave him alone so he can get a syringe to turn her back to a darkseeker, once shes back they hiss at him and leave. And they live happily ever after
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
Which is the alternate ending??, I saw the one that Will Smith dies and the girl goes to that human colony...it sucked. It was a damn cool movie, pretty amazing, until the monsters came, in my opinion, they could have used a much more mysterious thing, like flying crocodiles or just a silent killer virus.
the alternate ending sounds pretty lame too
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Ive got an alternate ending!

Throw the grenade THEN get into the safe haven of the door that survival chick and junior climbed into
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
dammit
Quote by Gerard_xD
Who walks about without shoes? You're lucky she didn't arrest you.
Yeah really how the hell is the bridge back I thought they blew up all the bridges
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Yeah really how the hell is the bridge back I thought they blew up all the bridges

They did

Thats probly why they didnt use that ending

i wish they used the books ending FFS
Quote by Lethal Dosage

I don't know, maybe they only destroyed the Brooklin bridge but Robert used the one to New Jersey? (I really don't know that much about NY bridges...)....
HE was in Manhattan right?
I liked the theatrical ending the best. The book seemed too fatalistic and just not right. The alternate spun the ending in a completely different way. It would have seemed like a letdown in the theater, to an extent.
in my ending chuck norris runs in, breaks the leader zombie's neck, the rest scream like sissy girls and robert, chuck, the mexican, and the half mexican half jew kid live happily ever after.

<---- metal.
will smith tries to be sly and stuffs the grenade up his ass, but then he cant set it off and starts getting anully raped by the wierd vampire or whatehfeck they are things then the grenade mysteriously goes off, but because its in will smiths ass it just kills him

then the wierd things all sit down and have a good laugh about it
IMO, the ending SHOULD have been Will Smith in that glass box in the fetal position with the two people screaming at him to do something. Then the glass breaks and the monsters rush in, Will closes his eyes, then it cuts back to the same shot as before, with Will sitting in the fetal position by himself in his lab, talking to himself/screaming/etc. We find out that he's just insane/schizo, and that the virus actually killed everyone. No zombies. Just crazy Will.

Cut to black. "I AM LEGEND" in big white letters. Credits roll.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
it was on youtube earlier but i got taken down due copyright violations. i didn't get to see it
This is how it should end, based on the source content (I haven't seen this new movie yet, or the two other remakes that came before it).

**SPOILER ALERT**

Here's the intended rhetoric:

So basically after the zed-things come for the girl who turns out to be a spy, the main character realizes that he has become to them what a vampire or monster is to him. That is, he sees a vampire as an obsucre creature that is solely unique and walks the earth at a time when he is asleep. Therefore, these mutated/effed up beings see him as a monster that has come to terrorize them.

In essence, these new creatures are the majority, the new humans. The MC has become the montser. Flip-flop of roles.

He sees that he cannot help them, and/or sees that he is a monster to them. Upon realizing this, he commits suicide.

That is how it should end, if that isn't what people have seen.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by NotAGuitarHero
IMO, the ending SHOULD have been Will Smith in that glass box in the fetal position with the two people screaming at him to do something. Then the glass breaks and the monsters rush in, Will closes his eyes, then it cuts back to the same shot as before, with Will sitting in the fetal position by himself in his lab, talking to himself/screaming/etc. We find out that he's just insane/schizo, and that the virus actually killed everyone. No zombies. Just crazy Will.

Cut to black. "I AM LEGEND" in big white letters. Credits roll.

oh sh*t that ending would have f*cking owned
Quote by C O B H C
I do believe so. I think heard it on TV once upon a time.

Edit: Wait, what the fuck was I watching on TV that had to do with ass hair?

Quote by sum_ugly_man

ndogg, is actually a kitty

Quote by jeff541
thanks ndogg.

/thread.

Quote by Punk_Ninja
I applaud thee.
Quote by The__Chill
Search it on youtube man, theres a clip. What happens is, the darkseekers only came for that hostage darkseeker which dr.robert was experimenting on, its the wife/girlfriend/bi tch of the one thats banging on the window insanely. He opens the door, they leave him alone so he can get a syringe to turn her back to a darkseeker, once shes back they hiss at him and leave. And they live happily ever after

Wait, so did they find the cure? I thought Will just gave the cure to the vampire and they left to give the cure to the colony.
the book was soo much better....if they ended it with the alternate ending the story really wouldnt have fit...for him to become "legend" he really has to die...the way it ends in the book just fits so much better