Heyy.

Whenever I play "New Born- Muse" on my bass, while playing the main riff (which is):

G|---9----
D|-----7-9
A|-7------
E|---------

After awhile my fingers start to hurt and I cannot continue to play it..
I think they slightly cramp up..
So I decided im gonna practise that riff slower and build it up
But that didnt build up my muscle strength and it still hurts after awhile.

Can anyone tell me any exercises or ways to help me while I play this?
Much appreciated.
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
Today, me and my gf went to the movies. During, i put my hand down her shorts.
I keep smelling my hand as of now....anything wrong with me?
teh pronz
Sounds like your left hand is too tense. Try putting your thumb in a different position on the back of the neck, make sure your little finger on your left hand isn't curled up and that your bass is at the right height.
it takes freaking years. i still have difficultly playing that 2 years after i learned it. hardest thing on bass that i know because of it.

thou i do find the:
G|---5----
D|-----4-5
A|-3------
E|---------

bit more taxing
Officially The Hairest Man On Muselive....
Yeah I have exactly the same problem, But as I kept playing it more and more it hurt less and less. I guess that's what you gotta do.
Quote by smb
Sounds like your left hand is too tense. Try putting your thumb in a different position on the back of the neck, make sure your little finger on your left hand isn't curled up and that your bass is at the right height.

haha thanks mate.
I just grabbed my bass and looked at how my hand was rested..and it basically everything you said...my little finger was curled up and yeah. Ill try putting my thumb in a different position, thanks mate.
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
teh pronz
I remember having trouble learning it, i was gutted cause i love that song. The only way to get better at it i spose is to practice practice practice, it wont take long before you get it
Quote by Ouch_needles
I remember having trouble learning it, i was gutted cause i love that song. The only way to get better at it i spose is to practice practice practice, it wont take long before you get it

I'm perfectly fine at learning it, I know it all..just after awhile of playing it my fretting hand starts to hurt..and I have to stop playing. And i'm fine with every other song.. I think it's just reaching for the octave notes kills me.
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
teh pronz