Ok so say I gave you the choice

A Special Faded Gibson SG

or any guitar within the same price range

(1-800 dollars)

which would you choose?

Because i love this guitar, but I am considering returning it to grab a different guitar at guitar center.
Genres? Gear? Gigging?
Genres: Any kind really, mostly Rock, Metal and Blues.
Gear: Amp is a Roland 20x Cube with a monster cable (12 in)
Gigging: (dunno how to answer it)
Sooooooooo basicly you're asking us to choose ANY guitar for under 800$? Why bother even asking its such an open ended question!!
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
I wouldn't go with an SG special that is for sure. The low end gibsons are not that great. An epi G400 is a nice buy and cheaper too, so you could get a nice amp upgrade as well. A gretsch electromatic pro jet(solid body since I don't know if you would be open to a semihollow) is a good guitar too, for only about 400 dollars.
Quote by ChrisL120
I don't like the looks of gretsch

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!

You could try out a epi firebird studio too. Really versatile guitar IMO. Also, the Schecter C1 is a damn good guitar (i personally prefer the CSH-1 but still)
Quote by imgooley
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!

You could try out a epi firebird studio too. Really versatile guitar IMO. Also, the Schecter C1 is a damn good guitar (i personally prefer the CSH-1 but still)

C1 I'm definitely looking into that. The C-1 Hell raiser is something I wanna grab.
Yeah, a Hellraiser's right around that price so that's what I'd go for.
That or the new BlackJack ATX if you don't like EMGs.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Baja Telecaster for $799.99 or cheaper at GC
Yamaha Acoustic.
$597/$665.00 <-Tele/VJ Fund. Thank you tax money.
Ibanez Ict700
Washburn MG-42
Shine Telecaster copy
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Line 6 Spider III 75

Wanna buy:
Ibanez IC400
I'd hunt around for one of the rare, well built Epiphone LP Customs, then I'd use the spare money left over to upgrade the pickups, bridge, tuners, nut and pots. Obviously, re-do all the wiring too at the same time.

Or, I'd try and see if I could get a second hand mid-90's Gibson Studio. I wouldn't get one of the new ones again, but the early and mid-90's ones were superb, and a used one should be fairly cheap.

EDIT:
Or actually, instead of the Gibson Studio, I'd go for the new ESP SA-2 Richie Sambora signature guitar, and use the left over couple of hundred to upgrade the pickups from the standard ESP generic pickups to Gibson BurstBucker #2 and #3.
Ibanez S470. Wide range of sound plus very good whammy bar system makes it very versatile. And it looks beautiful, too! I fell in love with the Ice Blue model!
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.
I like the Gibson SG Faded, but definitely go check out some others just to be sure.
At that price I'd go for an Epiphone Les Paul Custom or SG Custom. The Gibsons in that price range aren't very good at all.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Buy a used Gibson SG Standard or Classic.
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.

Funny words.
Get rid of that **** gibson immediately. Its what, the cheapest gibson? Meaning basically that it is made like total crap, but they still charge you so much because its Gibson. I dont even like Hellraisers but I mean, come on. Its such a superior guitar to that POS gibson.
Gear:
ESP/LTD EC1000 (w/ EMG 81 and 60)
ESP/LTD H500 (w/SD Custom 5 and 59)
Fender MIM Strat (basically my first. Never play it.)
Traynor YCV80 4x10
Peavey 6505 2x12 combo

Half Stacks are OVER-Rated
The cheapest Gibson is the Melody Maker which gets mostly great reviews.