Page 1 of 2
I'd say it would have to be Neil Peart, that said I want any and all oppinions.
Last edited by thepusher at Mar 23, 2008,
HELLHAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!! from dimmu borgir, or chris adler from lamb of god, he's alot more creative.

<---- metal.
jon bonham
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Ash Lite Stratocaster
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
planet waves tuner-ts9dx tubescreamer-metal muff-boss ce-5-delta labs dd1 delay
Mike Portnoy deserves a mention, as does Yoshiki Hayashi, Mike Terrana, Vinnie Paul, Shinya, Alex Van Halen, Jason Rullo, Danny Carey, Terry Bozzio, Paul Bostaph, Dave Lombardo, Lars Ulrich, Charlie Watts, Bill Bruford, John Bonham, Phill Collins, Dave Grohl, Larry Kilminster, Mitch Mitchell, Travis Barker, Ringo Starr, Buddy Rich, and even Joey Jordison
what happened to the proposed Kirk Hammett flamenco album?

His acoustic didn't sound good with wah pedal, I suppose.
Tatsuya Yoshida, Vinnie Colaiuta, Scot Phillips, Will Calhoun, Matt Cameron, Van Williams, Tommy Aldridge, Bill Bruford, Brendan Canty, Stewart Copeland, Tommy Lee, Keith Moon, Phil Rudd, Max Weinberg, Steve Smith, Lewis Nash, Dave Weckl, Steve Gadd, John Blackwell,
what happened to the proposed Kirk Hammett flamenco album?

His acoustic didn't sound good with wah pedal, I suppose.
Last edited by Doubleday at Mar 23, 2008,
Quote by jAck tHE ®iPper
mike portnoy

I second, he is god on drums and Neil strongly dislikes him even though Mike looks up to him as his favorite drummer
Guitars
LTD MH-100QMNT
Ibanez RG270
Squire Stagemaster 7string

Amps
Randall Titan head
Randall XL cab with celestions

Pedals
Modded Boss Metal Zone
Dimebag wah
Dan electro fish n chips
Korg Pitchblack tuner
Keith Moon, Brann Dailor, Danny Carey, etc.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Neil Peart is the most creatve in my book.

he uses so many different styles of drumming in his work and is the only drummer that i can actually sit there and listen to play on his own.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Peter Criss, mostly because of his singing.

I also have a lot of respect for that guy from Stratovarius, he's a bit of a show off but very talented.
Quote by thepusher
I'd say it would have to be Neil Peart, that said I want any and all oppinions.

get out. seriously. that band is called RUSH for a reason, that reason being, neil peart sucks.

that being said, there are a ton of great drummers in the world of rock, but i'd say it's a tie between john bonham and kieth moon.
Quote by macaroni
what kind of rock?

Really though. Modern, classic, garage, metal, whatever.

My favorite for modern/garage rock is Pat Carney of the Black Keys.
Quote by phobik
get out. seriously. that band is called RUSH for a reason, that reason being, neil peart sucks.

that being said, there are a ton of great drummers in the world of rock, but i'd say it's a tie between john bonham and kieth moon.

honeslty....no

Peart is much better than both keith moon and bonham, i don't see what people see in bonham at all.

my opinion is different than yours, but to say Neil Peart sucks is pure ignorance.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

Quote by phobik

You my friend are on the crack, I defy you to watch a live YYZ drum solo and say that again.
Quote by Doubleday
Mike Portnoy deserves a mention, as does Yoshiki Hayashi, Mike Terrana, Vinnie Paul, Shinya, Alex Van Halen, Jason Rullo, Danny Carey, Terry Bozzio, Paul Bostaph, Dave Lombardo, Lars Ulrich, Charlie Watts, Bill Bruford, John Bonham, Phill Collins, Dave Grohl, Larry Kilminster, Mitch Mitchell, Travis Barker, Ringo Starr, Buddy Rich, and even Joey Jordison

Delete all of those and replace with Tatsuya Yoshida, Zach Hill, Dale Crover, Dave Lombardo (in particular his stuff with fantomas, not his slayer piss) and perhaps Weasel Walter, John Stainer, Josh Blair and Jaki Liebezeit and you'll have a list that's actually good.
Animal.

Nuff said.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by thepusher
You my friend are on the crack, I defy you to watch a live YYZ drum solo and say that again.

who gives a **** about a drum solo, that's not his ****ing job. he's there to keep time, and back the band up, and he ****ing sucks at it. he can hit **** as fast as he wants and play in as many whack ass time signatures as he wants, the fact still remains that he can't count to 4 without speeding up.
Quote by phobik
who gives a **** about a drum solo, that's not his ****ing job. he's there to keep time, and back the band up, and he ****ing sucks at it. he can hit **** as fast as he wants and play in as many whack ass time signatures as he wants, the fact still remains that he can't count to 4 without speeding up.

and so my theory has been proven true, you sir are ignorant
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Quote by phobik

In your ear with Pam Grier, they use those time signatures so P'diddles like you can't play it.
Quote by Waterboy799
and so my theory has been proven true, you sir are ignorant

coming from the dude who just said neil peart is better than john bonham and keith moon, you're the dumbass!
and to call my honest opinion ignorant is ignorant in and of itself, im not ill informed on what i think you ****.
John Bonham and Keith Moon are my main influences on drumming.

and what people on bonham?
his ****ing hands are so fast and his feet are so fast and he's also creative.
he plays a single bass pedal like a double bass.
I got 99 problems and they all bitches
Quote by phobik
coming from the dude who just said neil peart is better than john bonham and keith moon, you're the dumbass!
and to call my honest opinion ignorant is ignorant in and of itself, im not ill informed on what i think you ****.

nope, my post was an opinion

saying that Neil Peart can't play slowly is ignorance, therefore you're ignorant.

i never said keith moon and john bonham were bad drummers because their not, i just said Neil Peart was better.

Quote by 4STRINGBOY

and what people on bonham?
his ****ing hands are so fast and his feet are so fast and he's also creative.
he plays a single bass pedal like a double bass.

yea he can play at a decent speed but i just don't "feel" his rhythms (sp?) they seem so mechanical
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Last edited by Waterboy799 at Mar 23, 2008,
Quote by Waterboy799

i never said keith moon and john bonham were bad drummers because their not, i just said Neil Peart was better.

wow............opinions CAN be wrong. lol
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Quote by Waterboy799
nope, my post was an opinion

saying that Neil Peart can't play slowly is ignorance, therefore you're ignorant.

k reread my first sentence artard, you quoted me almost word for word with "i just said Neil Peart was better".

you can call me ignorant all you want, nothing you say is going to convince me that neil peart is capable of producing good music, because he just isn't.
Quote by abdulalhazred
wow............opinions CAN be wrong. lol

you're not understanding my point, to say that Peart can't play slowly is retarded. that's like me saying Bonham can't play slowly either.

Quote by phobik
k reread my first sentence artard, you quoted me almost word for word with "i just said Neil Peart was better".

you can call me ignorant all you want, nothing you say is going to convince me that neil peart is capable of producing good music, because he just isn't.

alright, as long as we agree that your opinions on Neil Peart are composed of ignorance.
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Last edited by Waterboy799 at Mar 23, 2008,
+1 to Keith Moon.
oh and i just reminded myself. Artimus pile (sp?) lives like 30 minutes from me. no lie.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by Waterboy799
you're not understanding my point, to say that Peart can't play slowly is retarded. that's like me saying Bonham can't play slowly either.

what did i misunderstand......what i said was a reference to you saying hes being better than bohnam or moon.......or anyone for that matter....
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Quote by p o e
+1 to Keith Moon.
oh and i just reminded myself. Artimus pile (sp?) lives like 30 minutes from me. no lie.

You mean Artimus Pyle the former drummer of Lynyrd Skynyrd, the same one that was accused of molesting two girls aged 4 & 8, that's really not impressive.
Quote by imgooley
Really though. Modern, classic, garage, metal, whatever.

My favorite for modern/garage rock is Pat Carney of the Black Keys.

Yeah i like his style but my vote has to go to Jimmy Chamberlin
Quote by RSOB Bass
Thanks Andy, you're fucking awesome.

Quote by XmydyingheartX
^___^

Quote by Andrea55
Banned because I love you!

Happily e-married to RSOB Bass
E-brother to Andrea55
E-Uncle to KitKat555
Quote by Waterboy799

alright, as long as we agree that your opinions on Neil Peart are composed of ignorance.

there's a big difference between playing slowly and keeping good time, artard.

like i said, you can call me ignorant all you want, the fact is that you still waste precious life by listening to rush, the most god awful band EVER.

i mean theyre bad even by canadian standards.
Quote by phobik
there's a big difference between playing slowly and keeping good time, artard.

like i said, you can call me ignorant all you want, the fact is that you still waste precious life by listening to rush, the most god awful band EVER.

i mean theyre bad even by canadian standards.

I challenge you to a rock-off
Quote by phobik
*insert lyrics to "The Trees" by Rush*

/thread

do you happen to know what that song is about?
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Euhm...IMO John Bonham,Joey Jordison,Travis Barker,Dave Grohl
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
Quote by Waterboy799
do you happen to know what that song is about?

i'd prefer to not waste my time with such a boneheaded song.

wait......
here's the best part:

lyrics by Neil Peart.

point and case.
Quote by phobik
i'd prefer to not waste my time with such a boneheaded song.

wait......
here's the best part:

lyrics by Neil Peart.

point and case.

the whole song is a metaphore for prejudace and injustice in the world, but of course, you wouldn't waste your time with a song that has actual meaning and is about something other than "rock n' roll" or "love"

this just proves how narrow minded and ignorant you really are.

good day to you sir
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Page 1 of 2