Can anyone give me some tips on losing weight? I have had a pretty unhealthy diet just about all of my life and have a hard time trying new foods. I can deal with excercising and not eating as much as usual, but I had planned on doing that anyway. If it helps, I am 18, weigh just over 200 lbs, and am about 5'10''- 5'11''.

I'm not really concerned with the way I look, I just want to drop the gut and spare tire and get a little and get healthier.
don't eat for a week, pretty tough and unhealthy but
+ willpower
- on average 15kg
if you say no then you are a lazy fat person.

or jsut eat apples
Last edited by GUlTAR at Mar 23, 2008,
Quote by GUlTAR
don't eat for a week, pretty tough and unhealthy but
+ willpower
- on average 15kg
if you say no then you are a lazy fat person.

Don't do this. I'm not good with advice, but I know for a fact that deprivation of food alone is not going to help burn fat.
I don't need a sig....
Quote by Zar Mulix
Don't do this. I'm not good with advice, but I know for a fact that deprivation of food alone is not going to help burn fat.

well yeah it burns more muscles than fat, but it does definetly burn a lot of fat. Also you will be really weak.
*Cut out or severely limit all junk food intake
*Eat mainly healthy food such as fruit and whole wheat products
*Take a multivitamin every morning
*Stop drinking any sort of soft drink or sweetened beverages, drink water and skim milk instead
*Don't attempt to diet as it is largely useless, but do eat smaller portions of food and try and eat slower
*Moderation is key

if you are serious about losing weight it takes diet maitenance as well as a high amount of physical activity. Being in good shape really is a life long commitment

*The more intense the activity, the better
*Instead of long cardio sessions, practice high intensity interval training as this is by far the most effective method of weight loss
*Lift weights and target all muscle groups as this will further stimulate your metabolism
*Get 7-8 hours of sleep a night

Good luck
Quote by GUlTAR
well yeah it burns more muscles than fat, but it does definetly burn a lot of fat. Also you will be really weak.

Thanks for the advice, but one of the main reasons I'm doing this is so that I will have more energy.
Take a slight bit of the fat off by changing your diet a bit. And then turn it into muscle. I'mma try and do that. 5"6 and a half and about 153 pounds.
wank yourself thin, its what keeps me at 8 to 9 stone 5 foot 8 inches.
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player
Quote by InvaderTSN
I can only poop during full moons.
Good advice... Dr Pit.

Eat better, exercise both cardio and lifting.

By better, I mean carbs. Fruits, veggies. Lean meat like chicken, fish, or veal. no junk. no empty calories.
Could something like V8 seriously replace vegetables? I mean, I'm really not trying to take shortcuts. It's just pretty challenging for me to eat certain foods. I literally gag at almost everything and can't help it.
Here's a method with slow start-up but really good results.

6 meals a day, very small, set apart by several hours. This will assure your digestive system keeps going fast. If you get too hungry too often your body can go into starvation mode fairly easily. This will cause your body to store fat in a safety patch making it much harder to loose.

Do the obvious stuff, water is your main friend. Tea is a nice background, along with low fat milk. No soda. No juice.
More fish and chicken, less red meat.
Whole wheat.
Toppings will save you. Whipped cream, salsa, etc. Stuff like that have low calories yet are really tasty.

Eat to live, not live to eat.
The person below me is probably a homosexual.
Eat healthy food
Exercise

How do people get so confused by this?
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Easy way (some of which has been said before in this thread.):

Drink water, nothing else.

Cardio, get your heart rate up for at least 30 minutes, at least 5 times a week (if you REALLY want to lose wait, go for 45 every day.)

Snack on fruits and veggies, and dont dip them in caramel or ****ing peanut butter or other **** like a fatass.

Eat a healthy breakfast! Regular Cheerios with skim milk, with some fruit on the side.

If you're going to eat bread, eat wheat bread. White break is the devil, it'll eat your soul and rape you so hard you'll spit semen.

Eat smaller portions! Don't feel like if you're hungry you need to stuff yourself, if you're exercising enough, you shouldn't feel as hungry anyway.

Eat slower, you'll feel a lot fuller off less food.

Multivitamin

Willpower.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Quote by Zao_89
Thats like saying:
Pick up guitar
Play song

TS, I'm about the same, except I'm 16. I really need to get rid of my manboobs

I've slowly been working mine off. I could probably take the easy way out and starve myself and pop pills, but then it'd probably all come back in a month or two.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Quote by Zao_89

TS, I'm about the same, except I'm 16. I really need to get rid of my manboobs

I have to get rid of those too. Guys aren't supposed to have big breastases.
go on all soup diet. if it dont fit thru a straw then dont eat it.

and that dont mean you can go and chuck 8 cheeseburgers in a blender.
count your kcal
dont get over 2,300 later 2000
and drink a lot of water before you eat
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.