M.O.P
Like a Boss
1,015 IQ
I searched but could not find a thread on him.
Who here likes him?
I think he is an awesome guitarist.
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
Last edited by M.O.P at Mar 23, 2008,
imgooley
PLAY IT ****ING LOUD
4,866 IQ
There seriously wasn't a thread on BB? What have we been doing with our lives...

Personally I like him as a singer more than a guitarist. That and he has a really really clean style. I prefer more grit. That said, How Blue Can You Get and Sweet Little Angel are 2 of my all time favorite songs
rush5757
Banned
732 IQ
Haha, yeah come to think of it I don't remember ever seeing an "official" or "only" BB thread. That's funny, but sad
Oh well, we have one now! That being said, I think BB is an incredible musician. He's a brilliant blues songwriter, both lyrically and musically. Even if you don't like BB's music, you gotta give the guy credit. He has inspired so many artists.

Anyone have Riding With The King? I bought it a little while ago, and it's a great album! King/Clapton are a cool combo. I love the picture booklet too, especially the picture of Blackie and Lucille leaning on the bumper of the car.
M.O.P
Like a Boss
1,015 IQ
Quote by JvL
You thought that was a serious question -_-' ???

Yes, I thought he was being serious?
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
JvL
Banned
641 IQ
Quote by M.O.P
Yes, I thought he was being serious?

ze monsta
Blues + Jazz regular

he's just sarcastic:P
ze monsta
I wonder why I stay
419 IQ

I prefer Booker White, BB King's cousin personally. But BB King has great soul, and of course, great vibrato.

MONSTA EDIT:

If you don't know who Booker White was, he is BB King's cousin, who gave him BB his first guitar and taught him to play.
Last edited by ze monsta at Mar 23, 2008,
TNfootballfan62
Mr. Blue
1,943 IQ
^I've always seen it spelled Bukka White. I'm sure that's mostly just spelling it how they pronounced it.

Anyway, I love B.B. King. He's easily one of my favorite guitarists/singers.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
ze monsta
I wonder why I stay
419 IQ
Quote by TNfootballfan62
^I've always seen it spelled Bukka White. I'm sure that's mostly just spelling it how they pronounced it.

Anyway, I love B.B. King. He's easily one of my favorite guitarists/singers.

"Bukka" was a spelling mistake by his second record label. His real name was Booker, and they assumed his name was spelt "Bukka" because he was black.
TNfootballfan62
Mr. Blue
1,943 IQ
That's the first time i've heard that. That's really interesting. The really sad thing is, i've ALWAYS read it Bukka, even after all these years.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
meh!
Doin' DAT FUNKY DANCE
2,037 IQ
lol great fun, and a great singer to listen to! the guitar is nice as well, though let's face it...once you've heard him play one song, you've heard him play 'em all
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
AAAAAAAAAARGH
Ragamuffin
94 IQ
Bleh. I've always seen him as overrated. I prefer the other Kings.

Freddie King, Albert King, King Henry VIII, etc.
gopherthegreat
592 IQ
Quote by ze monsta
"Bukka" was a spelling mistake by his second record label. His real name was Booker, and they assumed his name was spelt "Bukka" because he was black.

i also prefer bukka.....errr......booker white. bb king has some of the most amazing solos, though.

Jack my swag
Thefallofman
Lesh Is More
1,573 IQ
I saw BB live in November and it was the best show I've ever seen. He may be 82, but he's still definitely a masterful showman.
Hey, I'm Mike.
rush5757
Banned
732 IQ
Quote by ze monsta

I prefer Booker White, BB King's cousin personally. But BB King has great soul, and of course, great vibrato.

I read this quickly, and I thought it said "Brooke White", (if you aren't familiar, she's a singer on American Idol), and I was gonna say, "WTF that white bitch is BB's cousin!"

TNfootballfan62
Mr. Blue
1,943 IQ
^

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
M.O.P
Like a Boss
1,015 IQ
Quote by rush5757
I read this quickly, and I thought it said "Brooke White", (if you aren't familiar, she's a singer on American Idol), and I was gonna say, "WTF that white bitch is BB's cousin!"

I haven't ever seen him live.
Is he still good at his age 82.
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
Thefallofman
Lesh Is More
1,573 IQ
Quote by Beakwithteeth
I might be seeing him live soon. I sure hope so, great guitarist and even greater person.

Do everything you can to make it to the show!!! You'll be amazed!
Hey, I'm Mike.
rush5757
Banned
732 IQ
Yeah, I would love a chance to see BB live. That would be awesome since he is such a big name in the blues. I already missed out on my chance to see SRV So I have to get to BB before it's too late!
Carswell98
*heavy sigh*
393 IQ
B.B. King is probably my favorite person in the blues, nobody can top his personality

when I saw him live I fell in love

his music is amazing, his band in the 60's was the greatest group to ever come out of the Rhythm & Blues genre in my opinion, "Live at the Regal" is absolutely epic, Sonny Freeman was probably the best drummer he ever worked with and his horn section was perfect.

I think he had/has the best guitar tone of all time, and is one of the best singers the blues has ever seen

/fanboy rant

seriously, if I'm ever in a band, I want the same kind he uses, the horns add so much to the music.

oh and I bought "Live at Cook County Jail" yesterday, simply epic
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Last edited by Carswell98 at Mar 24, 2008,
Carswell98
*heavy sigh*
393 IQ
Quote by imgooley
Yeah, live at cook county is my favorite.

yeah I love it, but not as much as "Live at the Regal" though
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Iceman 420
UG's Poke-Penguin
1,360 IQ
Quote by Beakwithteeth
I might be seeing him live soon. I sure hope so, great guitarist and even greater person.

You damn better see him live, I saw him live and it was just awesome. Be prepared for some stories from him in-between songs, but frankly, I just loved 'em.

"THE THRILL IS GONE TOUR, 2007!"
My Gear:
Ibanez GRX20
Fender Esquire
Keeley TS808
BBE Free Fuzz
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe
MXR Carbon Copy
Peavey Classic 50
Ovation Ultra 1528

"There are only two types of rock guitarists: Jeff Beck and everyone else."
-Mio Akiyama (K-ON!)
Firebread
UG's Jimi Hendrix Guru
1,632 IQ
I made a thread on BB King like a month ago....
Feed your mind.
imgooley
PLAY IT ****ING LOUD
4,866 IQ
Quote by Firebread
I made a thread on BB King like a month ago....

And it died, unfortunately because so few people visit this section of UG.

It really makes me sad too
Carswell98
*heavy sigh*
393 IQ
Quote by imgooley
And it died, unfortunately because so few people visit this section of UG.

It really makes me sad too

lets go recruit in the pit
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

imgooley
PLAY IT ****ING LOUD
4,866 IQ
Quote by Carswell98
lets go recruit in the pit

Once people join the Blues forum, they have teh in@bl3zn2$$ to return to the pit
TNfootballfan62
Mr. Blue
1,943 IQ
Not having many users around is a blessing in disguise. Most other forums are filled with flaming and bashing. That only occurs around here in John Mayer related threads.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
imgooley
PLAY IT ****ING LOUD
4,866 IQ
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Not having many users around is a blessing in disguise. Most other forums are filled with flaming and bashing. That only occurs around here in John Mayer related threads.

Deservedly so
aetherspear
UG's producer/DJ
1,277 IQ
Don't Answer the Door is probably my favorite blues song ever.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Carswell98
*heavy sigh*
393 IQ
So I now have Live at Cook County Jail, Live at the Regal, Anthology, Live in Africa, Best of the Early Years, Why I sing the Blues and Lucille

I like B.B. just a little more every time I hear him
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

FiliphSlim
Canned
169 IQ
Damnit! I believe that B.B. King is going to play here at Monterey Blues Festival in June or something but I'm moving back to Sweden in May.

That sucks so bad.....
Thefallofman
Lesh Is More
1,573 IQ
My girlfriend and I decided this weekend that in June we're going to road trip it to the Chicago Blues Festival to see BB again. Woot!
Hey, I'm Mike.
gopherthegreat
592 IQ
Quote by Thefallofman
My girlfriend and I decided this weekend that in June we're going to road trip it to the Chicago Blues Festival to see BB again. Woot!

damn, that sounds awesome!

Jack my swag