Page 1 of 3
I deleted my other thread, because thats for my friend, I just wanted to make sure that the dean was good. So this is for me.

I won't be getting this for a LONG time, after I get my new Amp, and stuff. But I'm starting to save anyways.

I want a Guitar around $1000, preferably less, for playing Metal, and Metalcore, such as Killswitch Engage, Children of Bodom, In Flames, Trivium, Lamb of God, Pantera, Megadeth etc.

I don't care if it has a floyd or not, and I'm not worried about versatility. It has to come with some decent Pickups, and EMGs would be nice. I'm not too worried about looks, but if its ugly I don't want it. Main Concern is that it plays really nice.

I HATE very chunky necks, like i Don't like my G-400s neck, while I LOVE my Rg's.

I was thinking of a ESP LTD 1000 Series, Ibanez S Prestige (the MIJ one with 24 frets), Ibanez RG Prestige, and any MIJ/MIA Jackson without a bolt on neck.
New Epiphone Prophecy line?
Quote by Sonicxlover
Obviously we should play the UG theme.

ULTIMATE GUITAR! YOO GEE!?
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser?
The esp would be nice, I play Ibanez's myself, and i'd probably recommend the S prestige.. I play bass though.. but my ESP (ltd) guitar is easy to go around on, so you'd be best to try them out before you buy.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Go with a Jackson or a Dean.Don't go for a gibson becuase IMO they are starting to get annoying/old to me like everyone has them and they are no longer cool or unique to me.It is all up to you if you want to be part of that.
s prestige has the thinnest neck
Quote by devilscruffs14
once i banged a 5 year old chick, i love banging older women.

HAHA
How can you not care if it had a Floyd Rose? I don't know how it's possible not to have a preference in these things... And if you want to play COB stuff you could use one (I don't listen to those other bands you listed).

As for guitar I bought my Ibanez RGT42DX last year for 920$ works great for what I what to play (that's metal).
Quote by |z|
How can you not care if it had a Floyd Rose? I don't know how it's possible not to have a preference in these things... And if you want to play COB stuff you could use one (I don't listen to those other bands you listed).

As for guitar I bought my Ibanez RGT42DX last year for 920$ works great for what I what to play (that's metal).
The RG42DX isnt that much different than the guitar I have now.
Quote by beetroot10
schecter hellraiser
thread finished

im serious

Edit:
youll get use to the neck

I hate fat necks. I've tried to get use to my G400 from playing my Ibanez, but I just cant. Especially for playing faster stuff.
there no where near as fat as SGs considerign i have a hellraiser and a SG

and think about it

Ultra Access to high frets
set neck
EMGs
hot look
OFR
what more would you want the only thing it doesnt have is tits
the ESP/ltd ec-1000 is an awesome guitar and i would highly recomend it, but if your not into the ec shape then I'd defo go give some of the MH, M or H a good try out.
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
72 telecaster !!!!
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by beetroot10
there no where near as fat as SGs considerign i have a hellraiser and a SG

and think about it

Ultra Access to high frets
set neck
EMGs
hot look
OFR
what more would you want the only thing it doesnt have is tits
EVERYONE says their Hellraisers necks are fat.

Everyone seems to like theirs though, So I will have to test it out. But so Far, I'm liking this the most.
(Invalid img)
guitar pr0n there. Gotta post up some shots once you get one of these!!!!
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
thats one damn sexy guitar dude
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
That ESP is beauty.
The LP i prefer the flamed top to be one over the whole thing instead of having a line in the middle.
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
Quote by Circle
ESP/LTD EC-1000?, great guitar for metal, no floyd though

Yeah man!
Great sound and Playability!
The EC will fit your needs
Quote by soulflyV
I love the smell of *reported* in the morning.
Quote by MadClownDisease
I've always hated people using (Y), it just looks like an arse.
Definitely go the 1000 series on the LTD's... great guitars.

Which shape? that is for you decide what is most comfortable for you,,,
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
I would deffo go with the guitar in the pic, MH -1000 deluxe....mmm tasty. How much is it?? I'd consider one of those for meself, its a beauty
You can rest when you're dead.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Quote by 12joey.c12
I would deffo go with the guitar in the pic, MH -1000 deluxe....mmm tasty. How much is it?? I'd consider one of those for meself, its a beauty

The MH - 1000 -> $949.00
Quote by soulflyV
Quote by MadClownDisease
Whilst I'm a huge fanboy of the S series, I personally don't reckon you'll get an ideal tone for bands such as CoB and Pantera with one as stock, largely due to the pickups which, whilst they are decent, the ones on mine at least (2005 prestige model), weren't overly high output, but I replacd the bridge with a Dimarzio Evo and I can get close to the outrageously high gain metal sounds but those weren't really what I was going for anyway.

For metal I would have recommended an EC-1000, however since you said you weren't keen on your G-400's neck and preferred the feel of your RG's, then I don't think that's an avenue you'd want to venture down, so instead I'd keen the previously mentioned MH series a look. I myself have been looking at getting the model with string thru body and Duncan's, but the one you've seen (EMG's and an OFR, plus great higher fret access).

For $1000 you could easily pick up a Jackons SLS-MG (Jackson Soloist with EMG's and String-thru body) and still have maybe $300 to fund towards your amp. Heck, even SL3's (HSS) can be found for just a little over your budget.

If you're looking at Schecter, the obvious one to look at is the Hellraiser, although I was looking on their website the other day and the Hollywood Classic really caught my eye.

Anyway, hope that helps somewhat.
Funny words.
ESP or Jackson
Quote by SeveralSpecies
How the f*ck are you gonna get a cat to bark?

---------------------------5------8-----7-
----------------5-------------------------
------------------1-3-3-------/6----/5----
-1/3--1-1h3-------------------------------

Matt Freeman>You
Get a Dean ML can't go wrong there
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
If you dislike your Epi's neck, then don't go Schecter on this one, for as the necks are just as fat if not fatter.
IMO I'd have to say the S prestige or that ESP that's in the pics at the top of the page. Great guitars, but if you love your RG's neck, definantly check out the S prestiges.
Quote by Shayne777
Get a Dean ML can't go wrong there

Or a razorback!
But I think you will love the LTD guitars
Quote by soulflyV
Quote by MadClownDisease
Jackson RR3 Randy Rhoads Electric Guitar is a really great guitar. It has a nice price and is very playable.

I also have a Ibanez JEM7V Steve Vai Jem Electric Guitar .
It might be out of your price range, but it plays like a beast. If you ever get the chance to own this baby, take it. I swear, you won't be disappointed.
Join the BLINK-182 Fan Club!

Anything a Blink fan would want, is here
Quote by MediaArts1
Visit http://www.rondomusic.com/product1656.html and tell me if this doesn't make your mouth water!! LOL!!

Oh...by the way, it's $279.00 <smirk>

Gives you enough left over for a pretty damn nice amp!!

Good luck!

Dave

+1 Im in love with this guitar and am hoping on getting one soon!
I was in your same situation last summer (well, slightly different definition of 'metal', but that's irrelevant). Here's what I chose:

The Jackson SL2H limited edition. Made in Japan, I got mine for $1200 including case, strap, strings and full setup.

See my profile for pics and sound clips.
I'll cherish the day when LTDs starts sharing some of the classiness of their ESP brethren and tone down the binding a notch...

Anyway, I agree with the posts that either a Jackson or S is going to be the best suited for you.
Quote by bowen
If you dislike your Epi's neck, then don't go Schecter on this one, for as the necks are just as fat if not fatter.
IMO I'd have to say the S prestige or that ESP that's in the pics at the top of the page. Great guitars, but if you love your RG's neck, definantly check out the S prestiges.

exactly what i would of said. the hellraiser neck is like a baseball bat. My friend owns an ESP MH400 and i'd say that the neck is far thinner but the paint is kind of sticky making hte neck a litle slower than it could be. U shudnt have any problems in that o\price range though.
My band: Take No Prisoners

Quote by Magero
Terrifying. Makes me glad I'm a satanist and a metal-head. I may be going to hell, but I got kick-ass music.
Page 1 of 3