So I joined the forum at Carvin's site and a few guys modded their V3's faceplate (because they are ugly, i know). There are many things to do, some guys want tribal designs and other have a piece of diamond plate or expanded steel for the front. I liked one guys', he used diamond plate after he spray painted and put a piece of cardboard behind the V3. Here are pics:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v212/fastredponycar/Guitar/?action=view&current=IMG_6793.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v212/fastredponycar/Guitar/?action=view&current=IMG_8662.jpg

So, has anyone tried this? Think Carvin should sell these as an "part" after you buy it?

I am going to spray mine black and then do the diamond plate thing once i have found out there to machine it and whatnot. Im not so sure that i want those vents and the V3 logo, but it certainly looks cool.

Ideas are welcome.

EDIT: Please bump every-so-often. Thanks
Last edited by dogismycopilot at Mar 23, 2008,
They look pretty damn nice
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
I grabbed a can of flat black from the garage, threw some paint on and taped a piece of white paper behind the V3 logo. Looks damn good to me....

....now i just have to do the cab.
I just got my V3 but I got a combo, I never noticed this when I tested it at the factory but the combos have the amp flipped over so the tubes are upside down above the cabinet, we don't have the big grill area with the V3 logo like the picture above shows I really like the way the stock V3 head looks (dogismycopilot, yours looks even better) but overall I think the combo looks pretty badass.

On the topic, I think the stock head looks better than the diamondplated ones I've seen.
holy C.U.N.T thats nice!
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

Ibanez RGA 121 w/ Crunchlab and Liquifire
Music Man John Petrucci Mystic Dream
ERG Custom Guitar
Personally, I would make the grill white and the "V3" black. I love the look of white half stacks
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
I like the way the diamond plate one looks.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
i'll get to modding mine after i've owned it a few months and decide to keep it for good or not

if so, then i'm thinking of painting it an obscurely bright color, i dont know why but i always had a thing for those weird colored and strange looking tube amps

that diamond plate faceplate and dogismycopilot's faceplate looks pretty freaking sweet

shame the v3 grill is so fugly..
Last edited by parkerfly123 at Mar 25, 2008,
It's been a while since I've been on the Carvin board. I remember seeing one where the guy had lights installed behind the faceplate so that all of the knobs lit up from behind and I think remember he had that treadplate faceplate as well. I believe Carvin will be offering something new soon. You'll be able to send them a design to be put on the grill.
Quote by Guitarmiester
It's been a while since I've been on the Carvin board. I remember seeing one where the guy had lights installed behind the faceplate so that all of the knobs lit up from behind and I think remember he had that treadplate faceplate as well. I believe Carvin will be offering something new soon. You'll be able to send them a design to be put on the grill.

Yea its pretty cool.

This guy drilled holes to place LEDs in, about 20-25 in the chassis that holds the electronics. He wired them to a separate power source that turned on when you plugged them in. It looked cool as hell, but i have another idea...

...how about wiring them to the channel switch? On the V3:

EQX = Green
Ch1 = blue
Ch2 = Red
Ch3 = Orange

So when you the corresponding channel, the lights light up on the inside. I think that would be cool.....hard to do.....but pretty cool.

EDIT: These guys are nuts! http://carvinbbs.com/viewtopic.php?t=4679&highlight=

EDIT 2: http://www.sharp-concepts.com/customdesigns.htm (sweet jebus)
Last edited by dogismycopilot at Mar 25, 2008,