I'm a noob when it comes to guitars. I was thinking about buying an epiphone SG. I was wondering if anyone knows whether their any good or not. I've been playing for a year and a half. I was thinking about buying either a SG Custom or a G-400. Can anyone give me some advice about quality and/or which model I should go with. I'm into classic and modern rock, punk,metal(a bitta everything)

BTW im hardly a guitar pro and my guitar atm is a piece of **** so im not looking for an absolutely perfect guitar. Just a good sound and quality.
i reckon theyre pretty good. The g-310 has a bolt on which makes it gay for fret access, but i rather liked the G-400. The SG Custom (3 pups?) was also really nice once you figure out the controls
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
i had a g400 and i didnt really like it. the strings seemed to be almost an inch off the fretboard and it was just a difficult guitar in general
*person above me, electricinferno*

well just adjust the action then lol its not that hard
Quote by A Funny Guy
you have a bouncy penis?

Quote by death_rider
Once when i was 8 or something my great grandma was blind and i tried scaring her by sneaking up beside her and making my Buzz Lightyear talk.
Quote by electricinferno
i had a g400 and i didnt really like it. the strings seemed to be almost an inch off the fretboard and it was just a difficult guitar in general

yeah dude i can get the strings ALOT lower than on my jackson dk2m...

I like the g400. You will NOT be disappointed
the g-400s are hit and miss, imo

some play really well and others play like poop. its still a pretty solid guitar for very little $$$ though
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
I have one. I needed to adjust to the different neck and overall feel first though. But now I love it.
Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.
dont get a 310 for sure...

i've heard good things about the 400, and i assume the custom would be better....

imo not a bad buy...
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.
I like my G-400 better then my 80s Kramer, if that says anything...
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I have a 310.
Decent, I love the feel of the neck, - I have to keep my thumb at about the 9th fret to solo.
But if your short on money they are great guitars, mine was very well put together. However Epiphone seems to release a fair few lemons, maybe mine was just a good one.

If you have the money fork out for a g-400, customs are not worth it. If you are planning on spending that much on an Epiphone your better off with an LTD or some ****.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
The G400 is a decent guitar, it has good craftsmanship and good wood, the only weakness are the pickups. I find their sound to be muddy and not very pleasant overall. But some people like them, so your best bet is to just plug the thing in and see if they suit your taste. Bearing in mind the really low price of the guitar, maybe you will have some money left to buy some new Seymour Duncan pups for it.
Quote by hendrixftw
I'm a noob when it comes to guitars. I was thinking about buying an epiphone SG. I was wondering if anyone knows whether their any good or not. I've been playing for a year and a half. I was thinking about buying either a SG Custom or a G-400. Can anyone give me some advice about quality and/or which model I should go with. I'm into classic and modern rock, punk,metal(a bitta everything)

BTW im hardly a guitar pro and my guitar atm is a piece of **** so im not looking for an absolutely perfect guitar. Just a good sound and quality.

Buy one! I haven't auditioned enough MIC or MIK Epi G-400s and Customs, but from the ones I've tried, they're very high quality and provide the Bang for the $$$.

If you have the option/opportunity, check out the MIJ Epis or MIJ copies, they come closest in quality and feel to the Gibsons.

Notice that the MIJs also have the same open book headstocks, my preference. The Cherry is a Burny, the Black and White are Epis.

^^The MIJ series (they're called "Elitists", right?) is amazing, but way more expensive than the regular epis. Ts, what's your budget, anyway?
I've always like the SG but the heavy headstock and all the controls being very close together in the corner have always turned me off.
Quote by masterk1818
Ya well when i wrestle/play with my dog he sometimes jumps on my back and starts humping me. But should he be doing this if he is neutered?

Quote by InvaderTSN
Wrestle with him naked. He'll ruv you rong time.

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?
I had a G400 for a while, it was a nice guitar I swopped the stock pups out and fitted a set a SD 59s. It was much better with the new pups. After a while a sold it because I prefered my tokai strat and did not play the g400 that much. I decided just recently that I would like another guitar with humbuckers I was going to pick up either another g400 or an epi LP standard. Then I tried a yamaha RGX520 FZ and prefered that so got that instead.
Quote by hendrixftw
The budgets pretty low , like $400-$600?

The White Epi SG there was $450 on sale in Hamamatsu, Japan.

And as far as heavy headstock, not aware of it other than what is regurgitated here. A good strap takes care of any perceived issues. The control layout is fine, too. It might take some getting used to shifting from a Fender Strat or an Ibanez, but it's pretty ergonomic.

I love my Epi G-400. I play it more than my Gibson, if that says anything. Great guitar for the money.

Just got a Strat, so it probably won't get as much playing as it needs to now.