Hey
Basically its been over me mates for a few month.I went over last night and I thought Id play it(i hadnt even tried my new guitar through it yet).He said "fine but here use my adaptor".Seemed a lil odd but i was none the wiser.Absolutely fine everything worked a treat.
Anyway I got home and plugged it in and used the same adaptor I use for my Boss MD-2 and the power just flickered as if it had been blew or something and it doesnt work with the battery either The adaptor is from what it says on the back:-

ALESIS
MODEL:A30980BC
AC ADAPTOR
CLASS 2 TRANSFORMER
INPUT:230V ~ 50Hz
OUTPUT:9V ~ 0.83A 7.47A

If thats any help at all.Ive been using it with my MD-2 for months and its been absolutely fine and Im assuming its the right voltage etc... otherwise surely my MD-2 would be damaged.So naturally Im a bit suspicious about my so called mate,cos i had accidentally damaged his keyboard by using the wrong adaptor but offered to repay any costs fixing it(even if it meant buying a new one) and he seemed cool with it.But I also know he is very handy with electronics and has tampered with things before to get his own back.Who knows,might jus be paranoia?

Anyway if anyone thinks they know whats wrong with it just let me know.
Thanks a lot
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2T Dinky
ESP LTD KH-202
Yamaha APX-5-12A
Antares 12 String Acoustic
Earthfire Jazz Bass
Peavey Valveking 212
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey KB/A 15
BOSS MT-2
BOSS MD-2
Rocktek MWR-01
I wouldnt put it past him seriously,I mean hes well into that side of things and hes done things like that before.He was acting a bit odd the whole time I was with him.But yeah anyway its worth a shot,Im not sure when Il get another one. Its funny though that it doesnt work with a battery anymore and the adaptor works fine with my MD-2 still
Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Yamaha APX-5-12A
Earthfire Jazz Bass
Peavey Valveking 212
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey KB/A 15
BOSS MT-2
BOSS MD-2
Rocktek MWR-01
Hmmm,I dunno :/
I jus wanna check with you's,that adaptor would of been fine to use right? Like I said theres no problem with my MD-2
Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Yamaha APX-5-12A
Earthfire Jazz Bass
Peavey Valveking 212
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey KB/A 15
BOSS MT-2
BOSS MD-2
Rocktek MWR-01
Well, unless he re-wired the pedal's power in to a positive tip, and was using his which would have worked with that, but yours didn't...

Hang on, AC adapter...i thought the boss pedal's ran off DC..?
Adam
I dunno man Im a bit confused cos on the top it says "9v DC"
But then on the back it has an upwards arrow and "AC Adaptor" written ??
Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Yamaha APX-5-12A
Earthfire Jazz Bass
Peavey Valveking 212
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey KB/A 15
BOSS MT-2
BOSS MD-2
Rocktek MWR-01
In all honesty he did you a favour - it gives you an excuse to replace it with an overdrive pedal which will be much more use to you with the VK.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Well yeah I agree,I mean thats why I got the MD-2,its more of a hard rock/early thrash sound than the MT-2 which is plain extreme lol.
I still like the MT-2 though,I go through phases where I want an early thrashy sound(thinking marshall type sound) and then other times I jus want ott (rectifier etc..).
Im totally pissed about it ahh.
The thing thats worrying me now is whether that adaptor is safe to use with my MD-2 after all or is it just a matter or time before it blows it?
If that is the cause it seems a bit odd that Ive been using it with my MD-2 for weeks and the MT-2 mucks up straight away.
Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Yamaha APX-5-12A
Earthfire Jazz Bass
Peavey Valveking 212
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey KB/A 15
BOSS MT-2
BOSS MD-2
Rocktek MWR-01
all of the hornets living inside the pedal have died, you need to replace them if you want it to produce sound again.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Erm right?
please explain i dont know a lot about this kinda thing(n00b alert haha)
Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Yamaha APX-5-12A
Earthfire Jazz Bass
Peavey Valveking 212
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey KB/A 15
BOSS MT-2
BOSS MD-2
Rocktek MWR-01
Quote by Crazy Toad
Erm right?
please explain i dont know a lot about this kinda thing(n00b alert haha)

He was having a dig at the MT-2's notoriously fizzy/ buzzy sound, hence the hornets
it was a joke...

seriously, it sounds like your pedal just decided to quit, since you say the adapter works for another pedal. You could probably get it fixed, but IMO it's not worth it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Lol Im such an idiot
Im sure hornets are some kind of parts though(even though thats not what he meant :P)
Well,maybe I will have to jus leave it meh
I might have a quick look about online see how much it costs but tbh your probs right.
Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Yamaha APX-5-12A
Earthfire Jazz Bass
Peavey Valveking 212
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey KB/A 15
BOSS MT-2
BOSS MD-2
Rocktek MWR-01
I apologise about the bump and double post
but...........Ive been lookin about online and I came across robert keeley mods and Ive heard he does repairs too
Im thinking this might be a good investment
So anyone whos had experience of a keeley modded MT-2 or something similar,could you give me your experience of them and possibly how much this might cost and how long it'd take
Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Yamaha APX-5-12A
Earthfire Jazz Bass
Peavey Valveking 212
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey KB/A 15
BOSS MT-2
BOSS MD-2
Rocktek MWR-01
Quote by Crazy Toad
I apologise about the bump and double post
but...........Ive been lookin about online and I came across robert keeley mods and Ive heard he does repairs too
Im thinking this might be a good investment
So anyone whos had experience of a keeley modded MT-2 or something similar,could you give me your experience of them and possibly how much this might cost and how long it'd take

HOly crap. That is alot of gear you have for your rig.
Quote by life_777
Thanks Man
Il try and get a few pics soon and post them in the setup section
Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Yamaha APX-5-12A
Earthfire Jazz Bass
Peavey Valveking 212
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey KB/A 15
BOSS MT-2
BOSS MD-2
Rocktek MWR-01
Congrats on the pedal breaking.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by life_777

I guess you haven't seen Slatsmania's profile
Quote by Crazy Toad
Thanks Man
Il try and get a few pics soon and post them in the setup section

No problem. Well good luck on the boss Mt-2 and your quest for the righteous tone.
did you test the pedal with a battery?? that will let you know fairly quick if it's the pedal or the power supply that doesn't work. and to the metal zone haters, the pedal is great with low distortion setting and an eq pedal frowny face right after it. tightens it up, eliminates the hornets/bees.
ya i also have a BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone and i put it infront on my JCM900 and it gave a pretty dark Death metal sound to it, although it was kinda muddy i guess, that pedal is so hard to dail in, but i`m also wondering about the Keeley mod and if that would make it a good pedal for a Tube amp, i find the MT-2 is alright on a soild state amp. although it makes a tube sound really dark, just not really the sound i`m looking for.
Quote by blackreign
did you test the pedal with a battery?? that will let you know fairly quick if it's the pedal or the power supply that doesn't work. and to the metal zone haters, the pedal is great with low distortion setting and an eq pedal frowny face right after it. tightens it up, eliminates the hornets/bees.

Well its working now
I tested it with 3 batteries,the other two were by no means dead but for some reason it wasnt havin any of it,the last one I tried out of my MS-2 it worked
Now Im guessin,maybe my input is loose?
Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Yamaha APX-5-12A
Earthfire Jazz Bass
Peavey Valveking 212
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey KB/A 15
BOSS MT-2
BOSS MD-2