I want a new guitar.... but I really don't know what. I wanted to get a 7 string for a while but not so sure about that anymore my main influences are Metal such as Killswitch Engage, Children of Bodom, In Flames, Trivium, Lamb of God, Pantera, Necrophagist, Opeth etc.
I don't really have much of a budget maybe about £500 just something below the £1000 =s mark willing to save for a while if its worth it.
I'd just like some suggestion's on some guitars to have a look at =]
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
ESP, Or Dean. Dean has a great flying V with explosion paint with EMG pickups. made for metal.
i would buy the new dean 7 string razorback:

"Razorback 7"

25.5 Scale w/24 frets
EMG 707 pickups
Hardshell case included
Classic Black/Yellow bevels, Metallic White/Classic Black bevels

price is about 1200$

http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/drumcitygl/stores/1/images/products/DEAN%20RZR%207%20BK%20YL.jpg

it totally fits your influences like pantera or trivium and is a great guitar

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my second and cheaper choice would be the esp ltd viper 407

Set-Neck
25.5” Scale
Mahogany Body
Maple Neck
Rosewood Fingerboard
48mm Standard Nut
Thin U Neck Contour
24 XJ Frets
Black Nickel Hardware
Grover Tuners
TOM Bridge & Tail
EMG 81-7 (B) / 707 (N) Active p.u.
Finish: BLKS

price is about 700 €uro

http://img166.imageshack.us/my.php?image=viper407wj8.jpg
Last edited by Blackening at Mar 23, 2008,
Go and try out the guitars yourself.

For over 500, you should really be aiming at MIJ or MIA guitars instead of Korean ones.

Go used if you can. There is some great deals in my local shop. They are currently selling a mint condition Ibanez RG7620 for 300 pounds. Too bad I don't have enough money.

Anyway. Look out for some crazy MIJ Ibanez or Jackson deals. They are worth the money.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Get an Esp Eclipse, but its a LP shape, so you may be looking for something a bit more *outlandish* in which case, as people have been saying
any of the Dean Razorback series will get you the heavy tones, and if they've got the slim taper necks, crazy shred-ability
thanks guys keep em coming.
I will try some out but theres not any decent guitar shops near me so I'm going to have to travel quite far to do so and I want a good idea of some guitars that I may not have thought of before I go looking =]
the Razorback looks ok but I'm not that big a fan of there shape plus for that much money I'd want a OFR not a LFR which dean seem to put in all there models apart from the USA models and there far to much money.
I think I going to have to try out the Viper I've looked at it a few times and it seems pretty good though somewhere I read its a bit heavy and very unbalanced.

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A
dean razorback, both guitar players use them in trivium(ones a V)
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by sepultura alma
thanks guys keep em coming.
I will try some out but theres not any decent guitar shops near me so I'm going to have to travel quite far to do so and I want a good idea of some guitars that I may not have thought of before I go looking =]
the Razorback looks ok but I'm not that big a fan of there shape plus for that much money I'd want a OFR not a LFR which dean seem to put in all there models apart from the USA models and there far to much money.
I think I going to have to try out the Viper I've looked at it a few times and it seems pretty good though somewhere I read its a bit heavy and very unbalanced.

i think it will be a good choice a friend of mine got the viper 407 and its sweet!
Quote by ddrocksv3_4xpk
Get an Esp Eclipse, but its a LP shape, so you may be looking for something a bit more *outlandish* in which case, as people have been saying
any of the Dean Razorback series will get you the heavy tones, and if they've got the slim taper necks, crazy shred-ability

I do already have a LTD ec-1000 which is an amazing guitar and am interested in trying a real ESP (so to speak)
I'm not apposed to the conventional shapes

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A
good friend of mine owns the esp sv which is the best guitar i have ever seen and played!! the sound is enormous and it just looks perfect!
Quote by sepultura alma
I do already have a LTD ec-1000 which is an amazing guitar and am interested in trying a real ESP (so to speak)
I'm not apposed to the conventional shapes

If you want a real ESP, the ESP Horizon NT-II is great! tried one myself and i thought it was fantastic :P
Gear
Ibanez RG2550E
ESP/LTD M-10
Fender FM212R amp
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez WP-7 Wah
just thought I'd add I play in a band as the lead guitarist, do gigs so on, so I need it to be reliable and have a nice fast neck, I really like the feel of the Jackson neck I have on my RR24

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A
Last edited by sepultura alma at Mar 23, 2008,
^+1. Jacksons are great MIJ guitars.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Get a cheap Washburn 7-string. Save some money for party/music/beer/whatever, and still have a new toy to experiment with!
^ hmmmm i do like your thinking Danno...... lol

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A
Last edited by sepultura alma at Mar 23, 2008,
any others i should take a look at?

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A
Have you looked at Ibanez 7s? I got mine for super-cheap and I've been pretty pleased with it.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
^ I have there S7320 looks pretty sweet but I was a bit hesitant as of how the neck feels, I tried some Ibanez Including jems and I didn't really like the neck, I found it to flat and thin but that was a few years ago so.... and I've never tried a S series Ibanez just RG's

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A
Look up the S7320 as above, I don't think the necks will be as flat as Wizard Prestige necks.

Look into Schecter guitars or Caparison? I know Caparison are expensive as **** but having one would be absolutely killer.
7 String necks are thicker.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Don't know much about 7-strings, but if you're getting a 6-string, I love the shape of the AXL Jacknife. And also Parker Fly's.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Bump =]

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A
I've heard schecter's have a really fat neck "like a baseball bat" some have said, so I'm not sure on them though I think I'm going to have to give them a try sometime to see for myself.

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A