Anyone else listen to these guys? They're absolutely awesome. I'm just getting into 'em; I have a few live tracks, plus their debut album "Buy," and it's all really excellent.

They're part of the no wave movement, and I didn't know where else to bring 'em up. Designed to Kill and Contort Yourself are both great tracks if you wanna go listen:

James Chance and the Contortions
DOWN&OUT
I'm listening to them now, and they're pretty damn awesome. They remind me of The Minutemen a little.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Mar 23, 2008,
They're almost as awesome as Ian Dury and the Blockheads...

Almost.

James gets points for slapping people in the audience that weren't dancing...

It's kind of a dick move, but it's a funny concept.
Can you recommend me anymore good No Wave bands? I'm pretty interested in it after listening to The Contortions. Plus it's just such a bad ass name for a genre.
DOWN&OUT
Damn, this is seriously awesome and the exact direction that I want to go with my music.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by yeahyeah
Damn, this is seriously awesome and the exact direction that I want to go with my music.

Dude! NO!!

I was gonna be the one to bring back vaguely Punkish Sexy Disco Dance Pop. Once I got a band together.

You can't do that!
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
Dude! NO!!

I was gonna be the one to bring back vaguely Punkish Sexy Disco Dance Pop. Once I got a band together.

You can't do that!

There is only one way to settle this

Dance Off!!!!!
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Cool...crazy noise music It's funny too that I jam with a guy called James Chance, and I'm pretty sure he would love this stuff.
This is good stuff
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by blackflag49
The No New York compilation, Bush Tetras, The Swans.

Some early, early Sonic Youth.

ah! Good idea. I read about the No New York compilation, didn't Brian Eno put it together? Oh whatta man!
James Chance makes me even prouder to play saxophone!
DOWN&OUT