K, here's the deal, I have owned a Standard Stratocaster for 3 years and recently I got a Les Paul Custom the Black Beauty model, now on my strat if I had some distortion and the pickup selector was on the bridge pickup I could attain some stinging pinch-harmonics, but on black berauty I'm having a tough time doing the same, someone tell me what my problem is. I apologize if this is a dumb question.
you need ALOT of distortion, mostly gain in general, and its gonna have to be on the bridge pickup. You may have to do the pinch over the pickup its self to get it to come through correctly.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Make sure you have lots of treble as well. Are the pickups high enough? Make sure your tone and volume are on 10 as well.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
+1

You can get pinch harmonics on an acoustic if you hit the sweet spot correctly. The gain and treble just make it easier.
Honestly if done right you can get a p.h. without even plugging into an amp...just move around on the string until you find the sweet spots.
Quote by iduno871
Honestly if done right you can get a p.h. without even plugging into an amp...just move around on the string until you find the sweet spots.

Or, with a little bit of math and physics, you would no longer need to search for the "sweet spot". You could find the spot, every time, and even predict what pitch it would be before hitting it.