I will buy this guitar just tell me your quick thoughts. I heard the bridge was not so good but what about other tones at different styles. I will play metal mostly maybe some hard rock too but since i'm a newbie i play in clean channel mostly whatever what you think about it? is it worth buying?
The overall quality of it is good, the pickups are nothing special, but decent considering the price. But the bridge is a real weakness. Do you really want a double locking tremolo? If so, you may want to have a look at the S320. If not, you might try the RG321 and save a lot of money. Both guitars are made of mahogany which will suit your musical preferences a little better than the RG320's basswood body. Wait a sec, I'll get you some links.

EDIT:
The RG321:
http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=RG321MH

The S320. Note that it has a far superior tremolo:
http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=S320

I know that the RG320 looks prettier than those two, but you'll regret buying it once the tremolo starts to wear out, as you can buy far more reliable guitars in that price range.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Mar 23, 2008,
Considering the price you say it's not that bad.. I won't use tremolo arm much but a locking system would be nice. I will change the pickups to something like EMGs in future and planning on buying a Roland Cube 20x...
Quote by blind.quardian
Considering the price you say it's not that bad.. I won't use tremolo arm much but a locking system would be nice. I will change the pickups to something like EMGs in future and planning on buying a Roland Cube 20x...

In that case it might suit you well. But check my edit.
ok thanks but i don't have enough to buy s320 i guess and didn't like the look very much. what problems can a bridge make? as i said i won't use that tremolo arm maybe sometimes
Quote by blind.quardian
ok thanks but i don't have enough to buy s320 i guess and didn't like the look very much. what problems can a bridge make? as i said i won't use that tremolo arm maybe sometimes

Well then why dont you get a fixed bridge/string through. The 13 seconds out of your life that you will use a tremelo are not worth it. At all.
Gear:
ESP/LTD EC1000 (w/ EMG 81 and 60)
ESP/LTD H500 (w/SD Custom 5 and 59)
Fender MIM Strat (basically my first. Never play it.)
Traynor YCV80 4x10
Peavey 6505 2x12 combo

Half Stacks are OVER-Rated
I knew that when there is a floyd rose locking the tune doesn't go off and also all the Ibanez have it the RG320 should be better than RG321 so it doesn't matter if it has a tremolo or not for me... am i wrong?
Well any good guitar is going to hold its tune, regardless if it has a floyd. The floyd just lets you do crazy divebombs with with less risk of detuning your strings.
Gear:
Traynor YCV80 4x10
Peavey 6505 2x12 combo

Quote by blind.quardian

The problem with the EDGE III tremolo is that it is a cheap one made of low quality material that will wear out quickly. It won't hold tune well anymore after some time.

Seeing as you won't use the tremolo much I think that a standard tremolo would suffice. Check out the yamaha pacifica 412V and 612V as well as the Ibanez SA and SAS series. They have good standard tremolos that will last you a long time.
Yea but there may not be all the models in Turkey. and also yamahas are more expensive than ibanez and both SA and yamaha's pickup combinations won't fit me well... and also i ask again if i don't use the tremolo would it change anything? does it matter its an edge pro 3 or an edge pro if i just don't play with the tremolo arm just play normally?
Quote by blind.quardian
Yea but there may not be all the models in Turkey. and also yamahas are more expensive than ibanez and both SA and yamaha's pickup combinations won't fit me well... and also i ask again if i don't use the tremolo would it change anything? does it matter its an edge pro 3 or an edge pro if i just don't play with the tremolo arm just play normally?

Yea because apparantly the saddles get worn down after a while and dont hold their tune for jack. Regardless if you use the trem or not. Just dont get a trem. You said yourself your not going to use it.
Gear:
Traynor YCV80 4x10
Peavey 6505 2x12 combo

Yes but the models without tremolo are cheaper and probably lower quality... what should i do i like that ibanez rg320ex..
hmm what about cort evl-z4??? and also if the guitar doesn't have a locking system it will always have the chance to stay out of tune right?:S
Last edited by blind.quardian at Mar 23, 2008,