I recently fell in love with the sound of rockabilly guitar. Anyone out there know what techniques/scales I need to start learning to get this sound? Also, I'm curious on what type of effects I'm going to need to put into the guitar, since I'm not at a point right now in which I can purchase a semi-hollow body.

Thanks cool cats
It's all about your right hand technique. Look up rockabilly on YouTube. I remember there were a lot of good lessons. The left hand will be mostly comprised of chords with lead mixed in over the chords.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Alright, I'm curious on what effects to use to get that right tone though. I'm playing around with echo and reverb, but not achieving the desired results.
brian setzer plays alot of his stuff staight into his amp but on ocasion he uses some slap back, to get a good rockabilly sound you need lots of treble and walking bass lines seem do the trick, if you can do em with your guitar at the same time.
lots of open chord stuff.learn some of his whammy techniques there fairly good as well.

EDIT:reverb is good as well
good luck BTW rockabilly pwns
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Last edited by Mr.Cuddles at Mar 23, 2008,
Slapback echo is used a lot in rockabilly. If you have a delay pedal, set it to about 100-200ms and turn the feedback and repeats down. Analog delay sounds better than digital for slapback. Reverb is used sometimes, but not much more than in any other genre.
Thanks for all the great tips. I'll give it a try now
My gear:

01 Gibson: Robot Guitar
02 Fender: Strat
03 Seagull: Maritime 12 String
04 Ibanez: BTB205
05 Dean: Acoustic Bass
06 Ibanez: GRG270B JB
07 Boss: ME-50
08 DOD: Bass30