basically i wrote a song with bass drums rhythm and lead. right now my song is in guitar pro and my goal is to make a backing track with the bass and drums and then record the rhythm and lead over it. i figured id use FL studio to make the backing track so i could get it in real sound and not crappy midi and then put everything together in audacity but i am having trouble with both programs.

when i try to import my bass and drum tracks into FL, i click play and the bar moves and everything but no audio plays. can anyone help with this?

also when i tried to import the midi into audacity i click play and get the following error:
Error while opening sound device. Please check the output device settings and the project sample rate.

i am completely new to both programs and dont know how to get around these errors so help would be greatly appreciated.
Quote by loganrocksabass

how can your girlfriend be in your band if she's in the kitchen?
i imported the stuff into FL studio in MIDI format

i assume since you said that its supposed to be in wav so ill try that right now

EDIT: also i kind of described what i was going to try to do but if anyone has a better way of making a backing track please share cause this is my first time and i dont really know whats best to do

EDIT2: i tried exporting from GP as a wav and it reminded me that i had tried this before and it didnt work and the same thing happened. i told it to export the file to my desktop as a wav and then i do it and and information box comes up saying, you can now use the PLAY/STOP button to start recording or something and then the file never shows up where i exported it.
Quote by loganrocksabass

Last edited by ratm92 at Mar 23, 2008,
Why MIDI? MIDI is just data, not actual sound. You should've exported in WAV. Then all would be dandy.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
i actually dont even see the point of making it wav since wav isnt even an option as a file type that can be opened in FL studio. i still cant get the midi to play though, it seems like everything functions with it except the sound...
Quote by loganrocksabass

Quote by raise_the_dead
Why MIDI? MIDI is just data, not actual sound. You should've exported in WAV. Then all would be dandy.

like i said...i cant get GP to export in wav
Quote by loganrocksabass

You can also use FL studio to record.

I recommend creating your backing track in FL Studio and then just recording your leads over it with the same program.
that sounds like a plan but i still am having al sorts of trouble with the backing track and first things first
Quote by loganrocksabass

Now, when on FL7 click F9. Where the mixer comes up, on the right where it says "in", on number 1 theres the drop down button. Click on that and select, find fuity LSD and voila.

I had the same problem before.
Quote by sunnysayshi
Now, when on FL7 click F9. Where the mixer comes up, on the right where it says "in", on number 1 theres the drop down button. Click on that and select, find fuity LSD and voila.

I had the same problem before.

alright, i got the fruity LSD but i didnt see viola on that list so i dont know about that. just doing the LSD didnt fix it though
Quote by loganrocksabass