Hi there. My names chris. I was wondering if the people of UG could help me make a decision. I have been playing for 4 years and I would say that I'm an ok guitarist. Anyways, I need help in making a decision.

I was thinking of getting an Ibanez RG350DX or EX. But then I thought, why not just upgrade my strat with a floyd rose and maybe some new pickups instead. But then I though, y not get a fender strat and then maybe later on I could upgrade it then. Now I'm stuck and don't know which way to turn.

Do I buy the Ibanez which has got a pretty good rep??
Do I spend about 150-200 pounds upgrading my Encore strat 'first guitar I owned'??
Do I buy a better strat (maybe fender) and maybe upgrade it in the future like i would the Encore??

Some suggestions on what I should do would be aprreciated and if anyone has any advice, that would also be most welcome.

Thanks, Chris
get the ibanez. they dont go wrong
Quote by Seth Shadows
dum, da num, dun dahnahanhanhanahnahhhhh *E5 / D#5* dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn chuggg chuggggg DUN, DAH NAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Quote by nine01n
why did the woman cross the road?
who cares, why the hell is she out of the kitchen?
well if uv been playing 4 years ure obviously good... so get a good guitar and go for the ibanez u cant really update an encore... no offence but thats like trinna make a pice of crap smell nice.
Quote by ParkerScks
well if uv been playing 4 years ure obviously good... so get a good guitar and go for the ibanez u cant really update an encore... no offence but thats like trinna make a pice of crap smell nice.

playing for 4 years doesnt mean that your automatically good

seriously though, encore strats are indeed a pos. and the ibanez rg350 isnt that great either. youd probably want to look into something that will last you longer and is of better quality. perhaps a used rg prestige or a higher end rg(as far as you can go without going prestige) or maybe an ltd mh400-1000 or ec400-1000, or even a schecter. theres plenty of options, dont shortchange yourself by getting a lower end rg with an edge III
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
thanks for that ParkerScks. The main reason I've still got the encore is coz its my first one, so i kinda don't want to get rid of it. I do agree that its not that good because its only a starter guitar, but it got me throught the first 3 years of guitar playing and i'm learing and practising using the whammy bar which is awsome stuff to do.

I say I've be playing 4 years, but i've only been playing really seriously and making some real progress with my playing for about 2, if that makes sense.

Thanks for the advice, it really helps
Quote by DH1
get the ibanez. they dont go wrong

Do not listen to this guy. I had a 350dx and the edge III bridge clapped out. A floyd rose will not fit your encore strat. I recently got a mexican strat and put some lace sensors on it. It is now extremely versatile and can handle any style of music. If you need the range of a double locking tremolo, research into the guitars and make sure the bridge isn't an edge III. As far as I've heard all the other ibanez trems are good except the Edge III.
I know it doesn't fit, I was gonna see if I could get someone to install it for me coz I know that some work has to be done on the body to make it fit.

BTW 'the boogieman', I never said that I was good, I said I was an ok guitarist. My mates only been playing for 2 years and hes much better than me, but thanks for the ibanez advice!!

Again, thanks for the info and advice, but don't start bitching at one another, I don't want that.
Quote by acdcrock2000
Hi there. My names chris. I was wondering if the people of UG could help me make a decision. I have been playing for 4 years and I would say that I'm an ok guitarist. Anyways, I need help in making a decision.

I was thinking of getting an Ibanez RG350DX or EX. But then I thought, why not just upgrade my strat with a floyd rose and maybe some new pickups instead. But then I though, y not get a fender strat and then maybe later on I could upgrade it then. Now I'm stuck and don't know which way to turn.

Do I buy the Ibanez which has got a pretty good rep??
Do I spend about 150-200 pounds upgrading my Encore strat 'first guitar I owned'??
Do I buy a better strat (maybe fender) and maybe upgrade it in the future like i would the Encore??

Some suggestions on what I should do would be aprreciated and if anyone has any advice, that would also be most welcome.

Thanks, Chris
TBH, an amp upgrade will be the most noticeable ... if you can swing it, get a decent tube/valve amp! I know how a new guitar can cause a lot of excitement, specially in the honeymoon stage ... so, get a new guitar + an amp. You must keep your Encore forever.

OK I've decided that i'm gonna keep the Encore and Get an Ibanez. But so many to choose from. I think I have 4 in mind but which one is hard to choose.

RG350DX-cheap but crap bridge apparently
RG2550Z-better bridge but a bit more expensive
RG2570Z-same as the 2550Z but not quite as nice to look at
S5470-seriously expensive but the best one to have.
Quote by acdcrock2000
OK I've decided that i'm gonna keep the Encore and Get an Ibanez. But so many to choose from. I think I have 4 in mind but which one is hard to choose.

RG350DX-cheap but crap bridge apparently
RG2550Z-better bridge but a bit more expensive
RG2570Z-same as the 2550Z but not quite as nice to look at
S5470-seriously expensive but the best one to have.

The bottom 3 might cost more, but in the long term, they will last alot longer. It's not as if the bridge on the 350dx is only slightly bad, it actuall broke on mine. The parts that come into contact with the post wore away until it no longer would fit properly. This was only about 6 months after I bought it.